Plastering Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseanneb

Hi
Need a lot of advise please.
We are putting in a new kitchen and have pulled the old one out. When I was taking the tiles of the wall a lot of the plaster has fallen off, we have knocked most of the loose plaster off now but what, if anything, do we put on the OLD bare bricks before plastering? The house is old council property about 70 years old. And we found one piece of wood (skirting board) full of holes and loads of like sawdust on the floor, and silverfish, so how do I treat silverfish? Does anyone know if Tommy Walsh is free? Joke!
How much should I expect to pay for a plasterer ? Its a mess help please!

hi theres 2 options with brick walls you can apply an undercoat plaster called browning thats about 10mm thick to straighten the wall out then skim,or you can dot n dab the walls then skim it most plasterers tend to go for the latter these days tho

A plasterer is gonna cost you between 150 to 200 a day plus materials. As with time, a good spread should do your kitchen in a day, even if it has been stripped right back, unless it needs to be done in sand n cement or renovating plaster, as it will need time to cure. Some plasterers charge for a labourer as well so it may cost a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.