Plastering job NW10 8TS London - couple of walls between 17th - 21st Feb.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolhands

Hi.

Only a small job but need a plasterer next week (any day between Tuesday 17th - Saturday 21st) in NW10 postcode. I have taken out smallish kitchen see pics of current and before. All units and tiles are being removed. The main facing wall is a stud wall it will have the plasterboard replaced by me before you come, so I want that wall completely made good and skimmed, and also the chimney breast to the left of the pic - see where the side of it is 'wobbly'. This is where it (in years gone by) was 'made good' :RpS_lol: temporarily after something else had been removed. It might be possible to do just that corner can somehow?

The wall is 3.2m (tall) x 3m wide. The chimney breast is nearly 2m wide. The room will be empty for you to work in not cluttered as in pic.

IMG_2448.jpg

IMGP7486.jpg

If more work is required to make it up to a full day, the hallway ceiling could do with replastering. It is about 4m long by 2m wide. This is the only pic I can find which shows it. All paper etc will be removed prior.

IMG_1314.jpg

Hopefully someone's interested.
Chris

LOL I think I tried to get him on my last job but never did as he was too busy iirc! I think we exchanged a couple of texts at the time.

Wether it takes a half a day a full day a price would be a price its sounds to me your thinking of paying someone on a hourly rate i may of misread but if that is the case thats not how it works fella!

How can't reply properly iphone keeps logging me out. No I don't want cheap job I was making sure there is enough work to make a job worthwhile ie for a day. But I don't know how long it would take which is why I said about hall ie if the first job was only half a day then do the hall too to make a full day. Or if 1st job is a full day then fair enough leave it at that and forget the hall. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks @joniosafe, my name is irish_spread, not irish-spread, a big difference :RpS_thumbsup:

Unfortunatly NW is a bit far for me, I'm NE but thanks for the mention. @Marshy likes a road trip :RpS_thumbup:

Just putting these extra pics up for Phil (rapidspread) he's going to take a look later.

I will be replacing the boards but as you can see it meets with original wall so levels are all over the place; needs drywall adhesive? (might have got that wrong) or something to bring it all level before skimming. Just letting you know so you can factor in time and what materials you need. Need the wall next to chimney breast doing too.

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

Just putting these extra pics up for Phil (rapidspread) he's going to take a look later.

I will be replacing the boards but as you can see it meets with original wall so levels are all over the place; needs drywall adhesive? (might have got that wrong) or something to bring it all level before skimming. Just letting you know so you can factor in time and what materials you need. Need the wall next to chimney breast doing too.

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg
Don't worry we'll guide him through it..

How can't reply properly iphone keeps logging me out. No I don't want cheap job I was making sure there is enough work to make a job worthwhile ie for a day. But I don't know how long it would take which is why I said about hall ie if the first job was only half a day then do the hall too to make a full day. Or if 1st job is a full day then fair enough leave it at that and forget the hall. Hope that makes sense.
Ok sorry im with you now :RpS_blushing::RpS_thumbsup:

lol it's me that needs help! Once I started pulling it down I had second thoughts :RpS_unsure: Too late now though!

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg
Make sure you dont have any screw heads proud on board! Thats how to upset a plasterer when he gets a nic in his trowel!:RpS_scared: just saying :RpS_lol:

Cheers for the mention @irishspread :RpS_biggrin: yep i love a road trip but @johniosaif says im not allowed in London !!:RpS_sneaky: probably for the best :RpS_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the mention @irishspread :RpS_biggrin: yep i love a road trip but @johniosaif says im not allowed in London !!:RpS_sneaky: probably for the best :RpS_lol:

I dunno, the geezer said you'd get at least a half a shift, prob a full one if you skimmed the hallway so that's a handy £100 if u came down here for a few days :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.