Plastering in Spain

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastererwoman

Hi All,

I'm doing some plastering in Torrevieja, (Alicante) Spain, and wondered whether anyone out there knows a supplier of bonding / hardwall, multi finish plaster. Or, what's the equivalent brand / product I need to buy here.

Cheers
Marie

Not many dedicated undercoats in spain, more one coat style products that could be used as an undercoat maybe/, Proyal XXI or proyal max, and for finish the closest thing you can get is placofinish, in fact its as good if not better than multi.

Hi,
Thanks Niro06. That's really helpful though I haven't seen that product on my travels so far. I'll definitely look out for it. I pitched up at a DIY store called Brico Depot in Crevillente, apparently it's the B&Q equivalent as it's part of the Kingfisher Group. I hoped that they would have something I could recognise as an equivalent to bonding and finish. There were a number of products that could possibly have done the business but was out of my depth. Didn't get much joy from the shop staff either.

The other day I bought 2 products that I'm about to try: Yeso Controlado and Yeso Super Fino. If they're no good, I may have to approach www.abbs.es, that Plasterers' 1 Stop Shop kindly suggested. They're about 170km away from me, so we'll see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted as to how I get on.

Again, many thanks for the suggestion.

P.S.
I was a bit shocked to find that there's no such thing as a hawk in Spain. Saw a guy scooping render out of a wide mouthed shallow bucket with his bare hand, straight onto the wall. No need for a hawk. Beat that one!

Attachments

• 2015-05-01 11.32.03.jpg
    2015-05-01 11.32.03.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 811
  • 2015-05-01 11.31.53.jpg
    2015-05-01 11.31.53.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 755
These guys should be able to help you Marie - based in Alicante

http://www.abbs.es
Hiya,
Cheers for that. I contacted these guys last year. I knew the name rang bells. I'm getting back on to them if I have no luck with the Spanish gear. I bought yeso controlado and yeso fino to try out. I checked the distance on the map and ABBS are 171 km from where I am, but I am salivating at the thought of all those Gyproc products I could use. It's almost worth the delivery expense!
Marie

Not many dedicated undercoats in spain, more one coat style products that could be used as an undercoat maybe/, Proyal XXI or proyal max, and for finish the closest thing you can get is placofinish, in fact its as good if not better than multi.
Good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.