plastering in chases,tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpson93

hi guys. new to the forum im an electrician by trade and more and more im being asked to bond and plaster after myself. and was just wondering if anyone could show me some decent guides or how you guys would go about plastering in a chase. for instance today i spent a huge amount of time trying to get my 1 coat plaster smooth.

cheers

Wet chase, make a stiffish mix,clean of the overspill on sides,flatten with little edge,when it hardens ,use a sponge float and trowel.

Find a local spread mate, he'll be happy to share your workload..............and he might pass your name on too :RpS_thumbup:

Find a local spread mate, he'll be happy to share your workload..............and he might pass your name on too :RpS_thumbup:

have been telling my boss for a while. would take someone else half the time and look twice as good. as if were not busy enough with electrical work.

Wet chase, make a stiffish mix,clean of the overspill on sides,flatten with little edge,when it hardens ,use a sponge float and trowel.

thanks, have tried spongeing it abit but i always just manage to make it look worse then it is, makes it go rough(guess i should let it fry abit more?)

thanks, have tried spongeing it abit but i always just manage to make it look worse then it is, makes it go rough(guess i should let it fry abit more?)
You can use a car sponge, it will clean the edges, use a trowel then.its all about timing.

Use the one coat or bonding coat to fill in every chase and level off before letting it completely set.
finish off with gyproc easy fill to a smooth finish or just leave proud and it sands down a treat.

and always leave twice as much cable in the back box than you actually need..............:RpS_thumbup:

Lol. and please don't clip your cables into the chases, as the plaster will hold the cables back anyway...:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.