Plastering help plz

Members online

Hi my uncle has asked me to plaster over the ceiling in his kitchen which has had a leak. He has plasterboarded and only wants me to plaster were it is and not all of ceiling. Ok so I know how to whack some plaster on and smooth etc but I reaised I can't put skrim tape over the joints as it will cover the existing ceiling and also the edges were the ceiling and wall meets too. How can I do this without seeing a crack when it drys

Attachments

• IMG-20171111-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20171111-WA0000.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 248
Hi my uncle has asked me to plaster over the ceiling in his kitchen which has had a leak. He has plasterboarded and only wants me to plaster were it is and not all of ceiling. Ok so I know how to whack some plaster on and smooth etc but I reaised I can't put skrim tape over the joints as it will cover the existing ceiling and also the edges were the ceiling and wall meets too. How can I do this without seeing a crack when it drys
Scrape off the old plaster where the new plaster meets it allowing scrim to bed in ,pva the joint and skim or skim past the joints 8inches all around with scrim in the joints ,
I see the picture ,just pva six or eight inches passedthe joints and scrim into it thin

As Asif says, but hold a straight edge up and scribe down with a nice sharp Stanly blade, should cut through the skim and chip off.

Hi Andrew, by the look of where the light is then if that’s centred? the size of the ceiling only looks small. Why not just skim the whole ceiling?? Won’t take much longer and the job will be done properly. Also caulk the ceiling and wall line before decorating to eliminate cracking. (y)

Thanx I might just do that.

tell your uncle that your the spread and you know better.
for some reason every year before xmas when im stacked out my uncle and aunt always and i mean every f**k**g year want me to plaster something in their house.
if they wernt my family id tell them to f**k right off....but i dont.
i tell myself im a dick for not telling them to f**k off as im driving up there !!

tell your uncle that your the spread and you know better.
for some reason every year before xmas when im stacked out my uncle and aunt always and i mean every f**k**g year want me to plaster something in their house.
if they wernt my family id tell them to f**k right off....but i dont.
i tell myself im a dick for not telling them to f**k off as im driving up there !!
Its the same with friends and family its always the most awkward, or jobs that give you a brain F**K and you get the usual s**t patter, ITS ONLY A SMALL JOB SHOULDNT TAKE YOU LONG, :eek::eek::muyenojado:

Its the same with friends and family its always the most awkward, or jobs that give you a brain F**K and you get the usual s**t patter, ITS ONLY A SMALL JOB SHOULDNT TAKE YOU LONG, :eek::eek::muyenojado:

and i always get a soda water instead of lemonade....wankers mate !!

There are few disappointmentz to rival sipping a glass of soda or tonic water thinking it's lemonade.

not as bad as this nearly 1200 films on this app on tele all sports bt sky etc....no good when your seeing double ....headphones and music again i suppose !!

Attachments

• 20171112_224019.jpg
    20171112_224019.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 218