Plastering hand

Members online

Think how I feel, I've got six bits of sweet corn Hanging off my hand! Lovely!

Attachments

• IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    645.1 KB · Views: 215
The Mrs loves it! ;)

no... the screw gets tangled in the glove...

I remember using a wire brush on a grinder and the brush caught my hoody and wrapped it self up and caught fire as it was trying to brake my wrist....

Not you too Danny! Twist knot brush on t'grinder...bloody lethal!! Straps from my goggles got wrapped around it, next thing I'm fighting with it inches from my face. Was like a scene from Alien :D

My missus used to whinge about the state of my hands until I finally started to use the latex gloves from the builders merchant. They were absolute shite but I had promised her that I'd stick with it. I tried different suppliers and found the bastards would always rip while I was working. Shopping in Aldi a couple of months ago I saw they did latex gloves and at the price thought to myself give them a go , can't be much worse than all the other crap. They are the hardest wearing latex gloves I have ever tried and at less than half the price of the merchants. I always buy at least one box whenever I shop now, my vans full of the bloody things but I work on the theory that if something is that good they will improve it and screw it up sooner or later.

I always used to rip my latex glove on the job too! ;-)

Not you too Danny! Twist knot brush on t'grinder...bloody lethal!! Straps from my goggles got wrapped around it, next thing I'm fighting with it inches from my face. Was like a scene from Alien :D

the grinder is the tool that will kill me one day.... grinding away and the sparks set my hoody again on fire... I end up having to do a belly roll to put the damn thing out...

The following day I am tig welding my kit car chassis and my mate pops round and makes me jump and I burn myself on the raging hot chassis... I should have gone to hospital for this burn as it was really deep and absolute agony for weeks.. but I cracked on and got the job done.. :D

11167677_10155395182020125_9123519009231926046_n.jpg

the grinder is the tool that will kill me one day.... grinding away and the sparks set my hoody again on fire... I end up having to do a belly roll to put the damn thing out...

The following day I am tig welding my kit car chassis and my mate pops round and makes me jump and I burn myself on the raging hot chassis... I should have gone to hospital for this burn as it was really deep and absolute agony for weeks.. but I cracked on and got the job done.. :D

View attachment 15726

That's nasty mate. Sounds like you're as bad as me for ignoring the war wounds.
I dug my mig welder out to get the van through the last mot...bought back memories of hot weld dropping down the side of my shoe and fizzing away in my ear ;)

That's nasty mate. Sounds like you're as bad as me for ignoring the war wounds.
I dug my mig welder out to get the van through the last mot...bought back memories of hot weld dropping down the side of my shoe and fizzing away in my ear ;)

haha yup!!

all for the great of good... my tig welder is one my prize possessions... its a tool that I will never lend out

Skimming with my mate before Christmas both mixing at same time ...I got me plaster lobbed in water whisking away he comes back in saying wait for me while I put me gloves on,
Pussy
Putting my gear on while he still messing with his stupid gloves,lol

Haha wait ??
Wait for what......"lets cum together".

haha yup!!

all for the great of good... my tig welder is one my prize possessions... its a tool that I will never lend out

My Gf's dad is a welder (nearly retired).
Worked all over the world on pipelines, oil rigs etc. The stories him and his mate come out with are fascinating, hilarious and saddening all at the same time. Any road...post some pics of your project when you have a mo Danny...be interested to take a peek!o_O

I'm a cheapskate Tags, i should really buy the ones from screwfix.

Screws from walls and ceilings are the worst...don't use them to fix board if you're skimming with magnetic plaster after. You'll never leave the job :D

Well, that doesn't quite work...you know what I mean! :D

I find that only the cheaper black PB screws leave splinters in my fingers. The gold coloured ones seem fine.
Those black screws are murder.......I put gaffer tape on my fingers as I find gloves a bit fiddly....

Works for me.:sisi: