Plastering for the council?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrspoon

has anyone done an apprenciteship with the council?

reason i ask is cos i have an interview there in a couple of weeks 8) will go to college and doin nvq level 2 and 3.

ive already fone F.C.A and in 5 weeks time ill have my I.C.A, surely those 2 years experience should work in my favour, means another 2 years at college but who cares, regular money and job stability i guess 8)

should bump me ahead then, i dont mind getting sent back to college for it, chilled out day and still paid for it 8)

haha cheers

yeh i done my apprenticeship with the council 20 years ago best apprenticeship then but we had sites for apprentices from flaggers to roofers and every trade inbetween only problem i can see your speed will not increase but steady wage and pretty safe it sounds good.

yeah im not too fussed about my speed increasing through the council, regular money will keep me going im sure. wont be starting till september if i do get it, in the meantime tho i have my own jobs to do, full bungalow stripping of wallpaper then skimming and knocking kitchen into one of the 3 bedrooms to create a nice 2 bed bungalow with a big kitchen/diner.
H/S/L bathroom bedroom front porch and kitchen to do in another house for a joiner ive been intouch with
and hes also asked me to do the plastering on a loft conversion hes quoting for, sure i'll be able to get plenty more big jobs crammed in during the "summer holidays" hope so anyway, i want all the experience i can get 8) 8)

flynnman.. what kind of work should i expect with the council? lots of patching i guess?

you should expect anything patching after the plumber and spark and probably a few ceilings due to leaks. why dont you apply and make the decision in september and see how much work you have, but they are a good number, if you can get in then ride the storm till it picks up.

flynnyman said:
you should expect anything patching after the plumber and spark and probably a few ceilings due to leaks. why dont you apply and make the decision in september and see how much work you have, but they are a good number, if you can get in then ride the storm till it picks up.
good advice from flynnman, go for it :)

Alright guys,

I worked for the council the money was poor but consistent.... loads of patching and being chatted up by rough birds....

Danny

id better wear proper protection while working then, maybe its time to try out the new male pill/injection :-*

Danny said:
Alright guys,

I worked for the council the money was poor but consistent.... loads of patching and being chatted up by rough birds....

Danny

Sounds like the perfect job, My application is in the post.

only £650 starting pay but better than a kick in the groin 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.