Plastering Courses in South West for Level 2 in Plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffB

I have been plastering since I was 18, now 45, subsequently worked in conservation and formed my own company. Two years ago I had a serious accident and at the same time the business had to close down. Now I am out of work and need the piece of paper to confirm my plastering skills. All this is new to me as I have learnt through experience over the years.

Now I have the opportunity to apply for a post that I have the plastering skills for but need this Qualification.

I have looked at some courses advertised it seems they are tailored to teach the skills but I guess I need one to assess existing skills and cover other required areas e.g. H & S.

Advice would be welcome.

I also am in a simular situation although ive only been plastering for five years but have been working with a plasterer (my dad) since i was fourteen, I havent got an nvq as work went quiet when i was doing my day release at college so i went off and worked in london for a while, The whole cscs rubbish is becoming a real problem as ive been told i can only get a "operative's card", will i even be able to get on site with that ?, i have found out that if you are doing an nvq2 and can prove it you get get a plasterers cscs card so that might have to be the option, i will say for someone of your experience you should be able to pass your nvq2 in a matter of weeks just take pictures of everything you do and do a little write up on them and thats your evidence sorted, then youll probably have to go to college and do a keyskills type thing which is a basic math and english test.

I also am in a simular situation although ive only been plastering for five years but have been working with a plasterer (my dad) since i was fourteen, I havent got an nvq as work went quiet when i was doing my day release at college so i went off and worked in london for a while, The whole cscs rubbish is becoming a real problem as ive been told i can only get a "operative's card", will i even be able to get on site with that ?, i have found out that if you are doing an nvq2 and can prove it you get get a plasterers cscs card so that might have to be the option, i will say for someone of your experience you should be able to pass your nvq2 in a matter of weeks just take pictures of everything you do and do a little write up on them and thats your evidence sorted, then youll probably have to go to college and do a keyskills type thing which is a basic math and english test.

take a look

http://www.plasterersforum.com/plasterers-forums-information-guides/31882-cscs-cards.html

have they specifically asked for a gold card? my green one gets me in everywhere iv been asked, but a lot of the guys i work for dont seem to ask much round here

hi mate, i dont know if your still stuck, but you need your nvq level 2 and i can assess you on site. all government funded too :)

hi mate, i dont know if your still stuck, but you need your nvq level 2 and i can assess you on site. all government funded too :)

Stop spamming the site, speak to the owner if you would like to advertise your wears, get involved in the convo xxxx

May not be much help but I just got my NVQ 2 after 2 site visits within 2 weeks.
I got funded for mine to as I met criteria. They may have different schemes depending on your situation.

I've been plastering since I was 17 and learnt off a old school spread.

One day I had a call asking if I wanted a NVQ level 2 and thought it was to good to be true.

Few months later its on my door step and Im qualified!
My assesor was a massive help to made it proper easy!
Message me if you want and ill give you details of the company I got mine from.

Status
Not open for further replies.