Plastering Artex Ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyeWoodLtd

Been reading a previous thread, just wanted to say don't forget there's always a possibility Artex may have some asbestos content if it's over 30 years old so be careful about scraping high points.
If there's sufficient floor-to-ceiling height I agree the best solution is to either re-board or even build a false ceiling, easy for spotlights, otherwise it's a thorough PVA, either bonding first if the Artex is really deep then skim or two coats of finish.
Get calls all the time about plastering over Artex, still not had one to actually put it on.

going over artex makes up probably 80% of my ceiling work,as long as all the boards are soundly fixed i do 2 coats of strong pva mix then 2 coats of multifinish.never any problems afterwards.if your not sure,re-board or pull it down first.

I prefer to slurry it too, with SBR and equal amounts of fox shite, goblin sputum and weasel pellets.....never let me down yet!

I prefer to slurry it too, with SBR and equal amounts of fox shite, goblin sputum and weasel pellets.....never let me down yet!
where do u get ya weasel pellets danny?? Been up hill and over dale and i still cant get them??:RpS_laugh:

i just get a deposit and never go back:RpS_thumbsup:

photo-662.jpg

pmsl thats leet :RpS_lol:

just noticed hes out the back of our house too:RpS_scared:

I was under the impression most pre 2000 plasterboards and artexs contained small amounts of asbestos. I find i knock off the high points, pva twice then mix the first coat 50/50 with bonding to stop the pattern showing through then just as its going off top it. job done and off down the pub:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.