Plastering and Radiators

I've plastered a few walls, part of the lime plaster behind the rad had totally gone so I had to pull away about 1.5m2 of it and bond before skim. The skim is dry, the bonded skim part still not. Once its totally dry I'll mist and paint before hanging the rad.

Once its been painted and the rad connected is there a period of time before I can run the central heating? I've seen somewhere that rads shouldn't be turned on for four weeks after, but is that when pipes are in the plaster? Mine are in the floor so only the rad will produce heat near the wall..

Cheers.

I've plastered a few walls, part of the lime plaster behind the rad had totally gone so I had to pull away about 1.5m2 of it and bond before skim. The skim is dry, the bonded skim part still not. Once its totally dry I'll mist and paint before hanging the rad.

Once its been painted and the rad connected is there a period of time before I can run the central heating? I've seen somewhere that rads shouldn't be turned on for four weeks after, but is that when pipes are in the plaster? Mine are in the floor so only the rad will produce heat near the wall..

Cheers.
Why do you want heating on it may

Need to test it doesnt leak before I put flooring down. Dont want to turn it on Dec and have an indoor swimming pool. I'm a better plasterer than a plumber and thats saying something..
Slot some EPS down the back of the rad if you're in a rush

Bits of cardboard or invest in radiator wall reflecting panels

I've gone for one of those swanky designer rads with big holes between the slats so not sure how a reflector would work. The last owners used that horrible silver backing paper (3 in one s**t). having spent days peeling it off I can't do it to myself to ruin my beautiful plaster job :risas:

Bits of cardboard it is! Cheers.

Need to test it doesnt leak before I put flooring down. Dont want to turn it on Dec and have an indoor swimming pool. I'm a better plasterer than a plumber and thats saying something..
You put your heating on in December. Lol. 2 weeks in feb. My dad had right idea buy mid terrace and keep warm from neightbiurs