Plastering abroad

Hornviper

Good afternoon everyone,
I've worked in several countries and my experiences were more or less the same. Laying something on as badly as humanely possible, coming back 2-3 days later and sanding the heck out of it. I was trained in the UK and all that looked freaking bizarre to me. Why would anyone lay the plaster on and sand most of it off with a giraffe sander a few days later? That's pretty much a standard procedure in Germany, Belgium and pretty much everywhere else. It's surprising that the Krauts make some pretty decent plastering tools but never use them. When I brought all the speedskims, superflexes, Marshalltowns I got "Do it out way or go back to Ireland". I am not from Ireland, but anyway. Don't know what Herr Brigadier :D was thinking. If the guy who taught me saw me sanding plaster, he'd probably chop my freaking head off. :D Rightfully so. I mean, are we wasting our time trying to perfect our skills from day 1, or doing poor f*****g work and earning as much, if not more, has become something normal? I mean what the f**k?

The question is - who gets more done?

if that's the accepted way of doing things in Germany, and they are happy with the finish AND the Gruppenfuhrer gets more done for his money, then so be it. Maybe one spread and two sanders can do more than two spreads for the same money?

Good afternoon everyone,
I've worked in several countries and my experiences were more or less the same. Laying something on as badly as humanely possible, coming back 2-3 days later and sanding the heck out of it. I was trained in the UK and all that looked freaking bizarre to me. Why would anyone lay the plaster on and sand most of it off with a giraffe sander a few days later? That's pretty much a standard procedure in Germany, Belgium and pretty much everywhere else. It's surprising that the Krauts make some pretty decent plastering tools but never use them. When I brought all the speedskims, superflexes, Marshalltowns I got "Do it out way or go back to Ireland". I am not from Ireland, but anyway. Don't know what Herr Brigadier :D was thinking. If the guy who taught me saw me sanding plaster, he'd probably chop my freaking head off. :D Rightfully so. I mean, are we wasting our time trying to perfect our skills from day 1, or doing poor f*****g work and earning as much, if not more, has become something normal? I mean what the f**k?
Simple really, you can't produce level 5 finish with multi or boardfinish. Same with the meters, with premixed materials you can throw on loads and you can finish whenever, haven't a time constraint that a guage needs to be trowelled over and over again to achieve an acceptable finish

you can't produce level 5 finish with multi or boardfinish
You are quick to judge. I don't know what gave you the idea that I can't produce level 5 finish and I make no claim the be the best. If sanding a wall so hard that there are bare patches all over it is considered level 5 finish, great. Maybe you are right. Putting plaster on and sanding 95% of it off might indeed be the way froward.

P.S. They don't use multi finish and board finish.

You are quick to judge. I don't know what gave you the idea that I can't produce level 5 finish and I make no claim the be the best. If sanding a wall so hard that there are bare patches all over it is considered level 5 finish, great. Maybe you are right. Putting plaster on and sanding 95% of it off might indeed be the way froward.
I am with you mate that’s not Plastering, plasterers only use sand paper to get a nick out of their trowel, that other s**t sounds more like a decorators job to me

P.S. They don't use multi finish and board finish.
I never said you can't produce level 5 finish mate, I didn't judge you either.
You do as you please, I couldn't give monkeys about it (y)

Btw there's knauf multifinish M available in the continent designed for the pft powercoat

I never said you can't produce level 5 finish mate, I didn't judge you either.You do as you please, I couldn't give monkeys about it (y)
I just thought "You can't produce level 5 finish with multi/board finish" was aimed at me. Yes, there is, and I quite like it. It's better than most of the other products they use. It's not easy to find though. At least in my experience. There's another company called BauMit and some of their products are quite decent. Especially their bonding agents.

Cheers, pal. :)

I just thought "You can't produce level 5 finish with multi/board finish" was aimed at me. Yes, there is, and I quite like it. It's better than most of the other products they use. It's not easy to find though. At least in my experience. There's another company called BauMit and some of their products are quite decent. Especially their bonding agents.

Cheers, pal. :)
You Irish Catholics are so sensitive,man up ffs

When I was in australia they just tape and joint and a plasterer is a renderer... They thought I was nuts when I talked about skimming boards :D