Plastering a wall

Members online

Have stripped paper from wall. There are remnants of wallpaper remaining. I have covered with PVA base. Will put another coat on prior to plastering with multifinish. I know I cannot plaster onto wallpaper but am I ok with plastering over wallpaper pieces that will not come off?
B002991F-A81D-459E-9DA2-3C6143BB7BB1.jpeg
B002991F-A81D-459E-9DA2-3C6143BB7BB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 23C19414-0BFA-4FCB-A486-4EDDA30F7F4B.jpeg
    23C19414-0BFA-4FCB-A486-4EDDA30F7F4B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Even with a steamer some wallpaper is hard work to get off
Wipe some multi over it , 10/20 mins layer scrape off , it almost peels clean on its own , messy but effective

Have stripped paper from wall. There are remnants of wallpaper remaining. I have covered with PVA base. Will put another coat on prior to plastering with multifinish. I know I cannot plaster onto wallpaper but am I ok with plastering over wallpaper pieces that will not come off?View attachment 31541View attachment 31541

Except that's not really 'bits' of wallpaper, is it? It's the whole wall you lazy little scrote. Go and get a tub of elbow grease from bnq and give that a try.

Bits indeed.

I would put on a zombie mix first, a couple of handfuls of bonding in the multi then once it has taken up put a couple of coats of multi on

I would put on a zombie mix first, a couple of handfuls of bonding in the multi then once it has taken up put a couple of coats of multi on
Don't 3 coat unless you got time to burn, just second coat over magic mix as normal

Don't 3 coat unless you got time to burn, just second coat over magic mix as normal
3 coat for me as well , don't think its much more time if you've got the suction right

Why? If your magic mixing the point is to go on thicker, let it pull and go as normal
Its the same for artex ceilings for me , much easier to get higher quality , deep artex gets bonded to high spots , second coat (3mm) would be 50 50 , then 2 tight coats MF , I'd only loose 20 min as I go on bonding quite early , never in a rush to finish , I'm cheap , charge by the hour , but I do it my way

Its the same for artex ceilings for me , much easier to get higher quality , deep artex gets bonded to high spots , second coat (3mm) would be 50 50 , then 2 tight coats MF , I'd only loose 20 min as I go on bonding quite early , never in a rush to finish , I'm cheap , charge by the hour , but I do it my way
Fair play bud(y)

So you 4 coat artex ceilings? Sounds a right faff