plastering a sloping ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyp

Hi guys im going to plaster my bathroom ceiling which has a sloping ceiling. Ive scraped the artex back and uni-bonded it all over. I am going to do it in two sections.
I need some guidance as whether I need to place a stop bead right along the joint where the two boards originally meet? Or can I mask up one side?
any advice please guys? :huh:

Can do, ime doing one tomorrow I cut a curved profile out of a bit of waste plastic facia, bond it run it with the profile then crack on.

As Lucius described, Build out the splay then scim the sloping ceiling and flat ceiling as one with a curve in the join

heres a pic of what I mean by the slope in the ceiling. im not trying to achieve a curve just what a straight line where the two boards meet.

Do it all by trowel and curve the joint as you go, trying to make a straight joint, even with a stop bead will look worse than a curve

Put a string-line across it and if it's reasonably flat crack on. If it ain't then bond it out first :RpS_thumbup:

its only 5-6 hawfuls. its smaller than u think. if u wanna make a straight line itll look crap but id still do it in one

if you wanna keep it straight i would do each part at different times and run a float through the bit where they will meet before you start troweling up

Status
Not open for further replies.