plastering a conservatory ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyp

hi what is the best way to plaster a large conservatory ceiling?
I have many shallow angles . Would It be best to place stop beads on the joints?
I have noticed that the joints are never even or level when I hold up a spirit level.
obviously I would scrim all the joints on the ceiling.

heres an example of what I mean conservatory pics.jpg

I would paper tape the joins and fix 3mm stop beads to the bottom of each panel and go home.
next day skim the ceiling on its own, have lunch.
afternoon skim 4 panels of the 9
Next day skim remaining panels using a straight edge to form crisp sharp lines. Have lunch get paid go home.

U mean scrim the joints yeah?
would u bead round the outer at the top of the ceiling?
james would you stop bead the bottom of each panel where the boards meet the framework?

U mean scrim the joints yeah?
would u bead round the outer at the top of the ceiling?
james would you stop bead the bottom of each panel where the boards meet the framework?

No not scrim. Look up paper taping on the search bar.
Yes butter your beads where the boards meet the framing.
no there is no need to put beads around the tops.
Do not curve this job its the lazy way.

When u say skim remaining panels with a straight edge how would I go about this?
sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get some insight into whats the best way to hit it

When u say skim remaining panels with a straight edge how would I go about this?
sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get some insight into whats the best way to hit it

you cut a very fine straight line to make each panel stand out.

the very last job, we hold up a length of plasterstop bead and cut a fine line with a stanley knife to give a very sharp angle.

just draw nice straight pencil lines on it when your done :RpS_thumbup: only the painter will know

what would u use to attach paper tape to joints prior to skimming?

Use a 60min set joint filler from bg or knauf or siniat with a midget trowel. A 3/4 inch spatula/scraper is useful too. Its not as easy as it looks especially on your jobs angles.
use your midget trowel to set your 3mm beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.