Plastering a ceiling in a furnished room & plastering pricing

Members online

Nath £200 is cheap. Unless maybe you live at home in Skegness or somewhere like that?

£250 is the minimum these days and most lads are earning £300 - £500 a day on price even more if rendering.

If you are going to put prices on a public forum...whatever comes into your head maybe double it? and do us all a favour because some of us have businesses to run, mortgages, family with wife at home etc etc

Should all charge the same. We would all be happy then.look at sparks.look at plumbers.even look at timber tarts.we are being left behind because we don’t stick together.plasterers prices in the private jobs we do vary so much.i will do it cheaper than him.i kmnow that is how buissnes works, i have been at it long enough.lets talk and all have a good do . This mean proper plasterers.lets try and get rid of the clowns.a trade card may solve this like they have in Australia.

Not sure how he's gone from £200 a day to £750 for a day and a half job, even if he's charging 2 full days like most plasterers would that's £400, and materials certainly isn't £350.

Get a couple more quotes from plasterers with good reputations.

Getting someone on a day rate for a load of shitty fiddly jobs in every room isn't a good idea though. Just show the plasterer all the work that needs doing and he'll give you a price
Yes,some try to add on and expect it for nowt.no price for bits.good day rate.and l mean good day rate.

Nath £200 is cheap. Unless maybe you live at home in Skegness or somewhere like that?

£250 is the minimum these days and most lads are earning £300 - £500 a day on price even more if rendering.

If you are going to put prices on a public forum...whatever comes into your head maybe double it? and do us all a favour because some of us have businesses to run, mortgages, family with wife at home etc etc
How dim are you?
It wasn't my price, the customer posting said it...

Then you say don't discuss prices, and then go on to discuss prices. Bizzare

Try to get them rates up north.good luck lads.but some spread do exaggerate there earnings.why l don’t know.how much I can put on in one hit.how much I can drink (I am guilty of that one) how much I can earn in a day or week.that is the plastering culture.why?

I didn't think it would be an issue as I didn't name him. But yes, I did think it was a bit dear for half a room. so thought I'd ask an idea of the going rate and if people still do day rates while asking about the ceilings.
I think he dropped a bollock and tried to make right.get another price

Well you wouldn't would ya because you think it a good idea
Fair enough. What i meant was if joe public comes on a forum and asked about a day rate if everyone said a minimum price it may help to stop us undercutting eachother.
Makes no odds to me . I only do a day rate to a few regular builders. Rest is priced

Fair enough. What i meant was if joe public comes on a forum and asked about a day rate if everyone said a minimum price it may help to stop us undercutting eachother.
Makes no odds to me . I only do a day rate to a few regular builders. Rest is priced
Don't give em anything to go off if they think they can get a day rate there will be no such thing as a good day

Try to get them rates up north.good luck lads.but some spread do exaggerate there earnings.why l don’t know.how much I can put on in one hit.how much I can drink (I am guilty of that one) how much I can earn in a day or week.that is the plastering culture.why?
Thinks its the trades in general.
Everyone's on at least a grand a week. When it comes to plasterers a few will be and this will show up with their home, postcode,lifestyle etc
Makes me laff when youngish lads claim the same and they live in their mums back bedroom and get the bus to work or need a lift cos they don't drive lol.

I picked up a flea on this forum, joined after he thought I'd had him kicked off a job and sneakily trying to follow my posts for info about me. As it happens I didn't, the householder ran out of savings and also got wise to him.
He was ripping a householder off, (and his own mate), being paid 200/day on day rate, cash in hand every day and doing very little for it and spinning the job out. Self taught/learnt plastering, actually a chippie, no kit, made his own wood hop ups on the customers time/materials, shitty old estate car.

When you're up against that, (and he is not the only one), on even decent size domestic extensions & jobs you've got no chance of holding a common line/rate.
I got some good advice from several pro's in various trades, who all said the same - do your sums and decide what you need to earn, decide and then stick to it, ignore the others.

AND TO THE FLEA - YES I KNOW WHO & WHERE YOU ARE & WHO YOUR BILLY BOLLOX BIG BUILDER MATE IS, - D I L L Y G A F ?

True
Would be good.
Hard with North and south on the same forum quoting with their own local areas in mind.

Got a friend in the trade just bought a 3 bed house up top for £60,000

2 bed flat around London area £260,000

As for OP
I reckon bloke quoted day rate - then realised what a headache the guy/job was and thought f**k that

Take that in the nuts!

@bobski - Too right, PIA customer,
"The average salary in Wokingham, England: Berkshire is £29k. Trends in wages decreased by -100.0 percent in Q3 2020. The cost of living in Wokingham, England: Berkshire is 100 percent higher than the national average."

North and South like different planets at the moment.