Plasterers pregrit

Members online

Have you used micro @PlanB?
It's even better coverage than kontakt can be watered down a tad and dries quicker.

No chap, but only heard good things about it .... also a product from Mapei I believe to be good.

I did a big job where dozens of tubs of Blue Grit were applied by idiots.
They didn't stir it or spread it evenly & some of it need 4 coats to cover.
I still have flash panic attacks when I see that baby blue colour and refuse to buy lenor.

Kontakt is pretty dear stuff, but I always wallop walls with suction in SBR first, and then the Beto zips off the roller and goes miles. Also don't have to be fussy about getting right into the corners as the SBR got in there.
I walloped a 12x12 bedroom (ceiling & walls) last Thursday with about 1/3 of a tub. Banged the ceiling and 2 walls the same day ... I don't see anything getting much better than that really.

But I will hunt down some Micro as I'm always keen to make life as easy as possible.

Used the stuff TP sell the other day, green stuff and I preferred it to the blu-grit.

I've never had any problems with blu grit and it's not a f**k**g stupid price. Bond it pre grit is cheap and I've never had any problems with that.

I've never had any problems with blu grit and it's not a f**k**g stupid price. Bond it pre grit is cheap and I've never had any problems with that.
It's dog s**t as the grit is too big
If you use micro you'll never use grit again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue grit is quite thick to spread and apply on to the wall, but it's a good product. Sounds like micro is the more popular.

Used the stuff TP sell the other day, green stuff and I preferred it to the blu-grit.

It's made by Cementone and is ok ... but skimmed the same day it won't hold back the suction.
They also make an exterior version of Plasprime which is very good.

Blue grit it good stuff but it is to coarse a grit,I prefer the bostik green as it goes on like cream, and I’ve skimmed small areas the same day.

Reactions: Djr
So what do you do turn up to every job 1 day early?

I find a space beforehand I can prep, not ideal and becoming a bit inconvenient since I've been back doing this full time, but I was comparing to other grit products, I'm not against going back to pva

Bang it on and get blower on it as will cut the drying time by half. I have 2 and the bigger one blows like a tornado. April through to September works great but these colder months not so well so some drop a fan heater behind the large fan. Movement of air is better than heat however, cold air just don't dry too well and I've noticed the last 2 weeks a difference. £24 and £70 fans I have. Get grit on early am and by dinner start skimming