Plasterers needed sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not that simple, you can't just set up your own firm and dictate "your rates" your rates will be dictated to you by competition from other firms during tendering. if all firms held out at a reasonable minimum price threshold the house builders would have no choice but to pay a higher price, do you think groundworks contractors have all those men on site, all that plant and are working for a 5% margin? of course they're not because they know they are worth more with the investment they have made to even be there, if they all kept undercutting each other until there was nothing left the house builders would let them, but they don't and house builders still need groundworks/civils so they pay the rates.

the same priciple applies to suppliers, noticed how skimming and plasterboards are pretty much the same price everywhere you go? can travis, sig, ccf etc really not go any cheaper on these products? of course they could, but why would they want to? there's plenty of plasterers so if they all charge the same they'll all get enough business, theres more than enough to go around, if only the people running plastering firms understood this concept ..we'd all be better off, from the lads on tools to the tools running firms.. we'd all have more money in our pockets
You can set up your self if you so wish, Why not,but I accept rates are dictated, doesn't mean your making money mind, been there done it myself.
It's not just plastering your way off camber, other trades are similar being driven down by large building outfits. One of my best pals is a the owner of a large groundwork out fit he works for Plc home builders and the figures are poor, no where near what you think, And he has over a million of plant on his books,he gets the gig to tie lads over, between better paying jobs as groundwork is usually an all go thing so he gets council gigs where he needs the call of 40 odd lads on a whim.
To be fair your making a pointless argument, it is what it is, your never going to get a level agreement for rates, plastering is swamped there's an abundance of supply and like any other industry, if there's over supply the price goes down.

Boring hell.
Everyone is quick enough to moan but not quick enough to act on it!
Nothing will change as people are to lazy to push for change.
It gets worse for it to get better and if you haven't got any fight in you to make the change then you should plod on as normal.
A subbie is always bottom of the list.
They are the ones that do the work and the contractor will make the money.
There are to many 'contractors' who are just another subbie and each person takes there slice.
A subbie doesn't look at the work, tender etc.
Yes rates may be rubbish but that's because people will work for it.
If you don't like it your not forced to do it.
It's a choice.
Make another choice and change careers if you don't like it that much.
We aren't the only trade that have this issue.
We may think it but we're not.
Standards have dropped the same as the money has.
Some will blame the drop in money for the standard being lower but its shouldn't be the case.
Only a mass movement will change things but that won't happen purely down to one thing.
Every man for himself.
Greed gets the better of us.
Fair enough,
I never get it why people stick at it if there not making money, do something different.

Most are making money ....just not what we were.....on top of life being more expensive.

Maybe I should of kept my cock in my pants and not had 3 kids.

aghhhh to be young again !!

@gps at it again are ya pal!
People offering work really bugs you but being a champion for other spreads is great....what are you actively doing to improve it? Do you employ 20 blokes and ensure they all clear £700 a week? Do you win work at a margin that allows the plasterers doing the work to make £200+ a day?

Or do you go on a forum and bitch about peoples rates when there offering work to others.

We can all win refurbs @ £6m2

The only thing I can do Mr @thebearbeef is not work for those rates and campaign on here for better rates.

If you could all win £6m2 refurb jobs you would be doing that instead of working for £2.30 m2, less work more money it's a no brainer, but you can't so I must correct you there.

I think it's great people looking for guys on here but not when it's basically at a slave rate and will continue to berate those that take the piss and take advantage of our own

I have always as you may put "bitch" about rates and not so long ago a guy called Ray who had a stone impression company that was trying to get us to go to his training school with the pretex that this was the next big thing, but guess what I was right it was s**t he is long gone and as far as I can tell no one from here is making any money from it. So as long as danny allows me I will continue to champion a minimum £3 a m2 living wage.

And btw fly the Tory flag and defend Maggie til my dying day.

The only thing I can do Mr @thebearbeef is not work for those rates and campaign on here for better rates.

If you could all win £6m2 refurb jobs you would be doing that instead of working for £2.30 m2, less work more money it's a no brainer, but you can't so I must correct you there.

I think it's great people looking for guys on here but not when it's basically at a slave rate and will continue to berate those that take the piss and take advantage of our own

I have always as you may put "bitch" about rates and not so long ago a guy called Ray who had a stone impression company that was trying to get us to go to his training school with the pretex that this was the next big thing, but guess what I was right it was s**t he is long gone and as far as I can tell no one from here is making any money from it. So as long as danny allows me I will continue to champion a minimum £3 a m2 living wage.

And btw fly the Tory flag and defend Maggie til my dying day.

I do admire you sticking to your guns but i still think your talking shite.

It's always good to see work advertised but not at such a poor rate. If you are that busy you have to sub the work out then you should be pricing it higher. Why people price at a poor rare when they are busy is beyond me........busy fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.