Plasterers money

Members online

Know what - after a couple of months listening to you lot honking about money and having been back on site for a bit, I reckon I'm going back on the trucks.

Nobody who's got regular work seems to want to pay more than £120 a day.

Factor in the (more than) occasional late finish, meeting up at 7 to get on site for 8, expenses and the inevitable odd day when it goes pear shaped/rained off/coming back to a job/someone else in the chain causing hold ups and it's really not that well paid at all.

When I quit driving, £8/hr was about right for days and plasterers were getting more like £15.

With so many people (like me) quitting the industry, it's pushed the money up. Class 1 is about on par with plastering now - plus perks like night out money, getting paid by the hour, not the day and an actual proper job rather than grovelling about for work all the time....

I reckon I'm not going to pursue it.

Shame because I like plastering and it keeps you fit, but hey-ho, we all need to get what we can in life.

So thanks lads.

BTW - for any of the serious honkers, class 1 lessons are about £40/hr, it's easy peasy to learn and New Pass drivers are widely accepted. The job makes you fat if you're not careful but at least you get to keep your shoulders.

Know what - after a couple of months listening to you lot honking about money and having been back on site for a bit, I reckon I'm going back on the trucks.

Nobody who's got regular work seems to want to pay more than £120 a day.

Factor in the (more than) occasional late finish, meeting up at 7 to get on site for 8, expenses and the inevitable odd day when it goes pear shaped/rained off/coming back to a job/someone else in the chain causing hold ups and it's really not that well paid at all.

When I quit driving, £8/hr was about right for days and plasterers were getting more like £15.

With so many people (like me) quitting the industry, it's pushed the money up. Class 1 is about on par with plastering now - plus perks like night out money, getting paid by the hour, not the day and an actual proper job rather than grovelling about for work all the time....

I reckon I'm not going to pursue it.

Shame because I like plastering and it keeps you fit, but hey-ho, we all need to get what we can in life.

So thanks lads.

BTW - for any of the serious honkers, class 1 lessons are about £40/hr, it's easy peasy to learn and New Pass drivers are widely accepted. The job makes you fat if you're not careful but at least you get to keep your shoulders.
I'd rather work in Aldi than drive a truck all day for a living.

Stuck in traffic all day, knobs cutting you up, traffic jams, the boardom, loneliness,same thing every day, no exercise etc no thanks.

if your working direct to.clients. finding your own work then more.

if your working for another spread and hes doing all the chasing then i think 120 is fine

If alls you want to do is rock up plaster then go home, then you get paid bottom rates.

Stuck in traffic all day, knobs cutting you up, traffic jams, the boardom, loneliness,same thing every day, no exercise etc no thanks.

I think I said on another thread - ideally, I'd like to do a combination of agency work and small private jobs plastering.

If driving is all you do, then you don't worry about traffic and being cut up... well, that's where your skill comes in.

But yeah, it can be a bit tedious. Still, there's something to be said for knowing where your next mortgage payment is coming from every month.

If you work for someone £120 is ok if you doing site you need to put more on if you work for yourself on domestics its not good

But a nice selection of jazz mags to keep you company (y)

Maybe it is a fake thread but £120 a shift is all your going to get for day work rate here in Manchester :aburrido:

Maybe it is a fake thread but £120 a shift is all your going to get for day work rate here in Manchester :aburrido:

Which is about right given the cost of living compared to the gold paths of the south

It is right .we get £2.50 to £2.75 a square in Manchester for skimming. Dabbing £2.00 boarding same . It will always be low rates cos all the big outfits got it sewn up. Been like that since I was a nipper

£120 isn't bad if you can go home and turn off, I have to keep 3 in work on domestics so go home and carry on working, pricing, researching etc but I wouldn't work for £120, I've out in too much hard work now

I predict a big rise in tradesman wages over next year . Due to the fact that you here stories of people stacking shelves for 9.50 a hour . ...

It is right .we get £2.50 to £2.75 a square in Manchester for skimming. Dabbing £2.00 boarding same . It will always be low rates cos all the big outfits got it sewn up. Been like that since I was a nipper

Not been on site for years, last time I was on we got £5.50 dab and skim £6.00 float and skim. Don't miss site work one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120 a day paid evey Friday off an other plasterer is good money.

Now running a business. Bad day for me would be 220

120 a day in London would be hard what with the cost of living I recently done a house in battersea and see an estate agent over road who was doing viewings on a 3 bed property and asked how much it was up for he said 2750 a month and to me that's a fair amount of rent and I didn't think it was in a particularly good area

120 a day in London would be hard what with the cost of living I recently done a house in battersea and see an estate agent over road who was doing viewings on a 3 bed property and asked how much it was up for he said 2750 a month and to me that's a fair amount of rent and I didn't think it was in a particularly good area
Yet again keep seeing adverts for plasterers in London 160-170 a day, 120 is low so as 170. London is the worst place sometimes to be a tradie.