Plasterers grit .... Can you dilute ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPlastering

Any of you lads diluted it before ? With say pva ? Has it worked or ****** up ? Lol was just wondering how to get a extra bit out of each tub !

You can get bluegrit for about 18 quid at zedfix. They do a Bondit one even cheaper. 50 8ft beads for 30 quid at moment as well. I throw a blob n the pva to turn it blue so can see where I've done but haven't topped up the grit with pva

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Aye course a do .... A was just wondering thats all , i wouldnt actually do it incase it caused problems was just seeing if it was just a scam saying not to dilute ....

Thats what i was trying to find out beddy , they dont have ingredients on the packs like food .... Just curious really

Ive put pva in bond it, when ive been running out on a job, worked ok... I wouldnt dilute unless it was a last min thing.. save fetching another tub, but no probs diluting it a bit... its only grit, pva and fukin dye anyway..lol

i never knew that. I assumed there was some special ingredient. :RpS_cursing:

if it's only pva why does it state to leave twenty four hours before plastering over ...? like i say, i top up the pva with it and it's great, a nice spread of the aggregate and turns it blue so you can see where you've done. it's not a bad price, then, if it is pva and aggregate. roughly twenty quid for ten litres. the cementone pva i get is £18 for ten litres.

Ive put pva in bond it, when ive been running out on a job, worked ok... I wouldnt dilute unless it was a last min thing.. save fetching another tub, but no probs diluting it a bit... its only grit, pva and fukin dye anyway..lol
Casisie if that's the case can you explain why you can plaster over betokontact or WBA in 3 hours and gypbondit you have to leave 24 hours

I've diluted Blue grit 50/50 many times with neat PVA...I find it too thick to roll otherwise, never had a problem.

Now I only use Bondit pre grit which is basically PVA with grit in it...the grit is much finer, easy/quicker to roll, much better coverage than blue grit. Only problem is it's harder to see especially on yellow walls!!

How long does the pre grit take to go off

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Depends on the weather, temp inside the house. This time of year I tend to leave it over night. In the summer sometimes 2 hours :)

Get it from R and J builders £18 including a tub, seems very watery compared to blue grit, soon get used to it though.

zedfix.com selling it for £13.60 including the VAT. £6 flat delivery. might be worth it if you were buying a few or were buying something else.

zedfix.com selling it for £13.60 including the VAT. £6 flat delivery. might be worth it if you were buying a few or were buying something else.

I always spend over £60 so free delivery with R and J, next day before 12. Service is excellent never had a problem.

where can i get that, beddy? anywhere online?

read about it in another thread but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I've diluted Blue grit 50/50 many times with neat PVA...I find it too thick to roll otherwise, never had a problem.

Now I only use Bondit pre grit which is basically PVA with grit in it...the grit is much finer, easy/quicker to roll, much better coverage than blue grit. Only problem is it's harder to see especially on yellow walls!!

Sounds good I might give it a go if the grit is same as Betakontakt.

If you read label it recons bond it gives a chemical bond as well as mechanical bond (ie grit) and I'm pissed so that's all I've got to offer , night night

Iv used micro over artex did leave it 24 hrs before tho as the house was empty n no windows worked fine no problems.

Casisie if that's the case can you explain why you can plaster over betokontact or WBA in 3 hours and gypbondit you have to leave 24 hours
fuk me.. you sound like a barrister..lol.. never heard of the 2 ur on about.. it says leave 24 hours on the tub mate.. I;ll presume its to let the gear set so your plastering onto the solid grit... bit like a dash scratch coat, you wouldnt 2nd coat the sand/cement scratch coat the same day would ya..

fuk me.. you sound like a barrister..lol.. never heard of the 2 ur on about.. it says leave 24 hours on the tub mate.. I;ll presume its to let the gear set so your plastering onto the solid grit... bit like a dash scratch coat, you wouldnt 2nd coat the sand/cement scratch coat the same day would ya..
only use Bond it...

Whatever the make up is in the kontakt it seems to allow you to skim sooner than bondit. I only skim same day on betakontakt (wba) on high suction backgrounds.

Micro is about £45 Inc but the place I get it from only go and fetch what I want so I may pay more for the privilege.

You don't leave pva 24 hours ?
thats all it is though isn't it pva

You don't leave pva 24 hours ?
thats all it is though isn't it pva
No clue what ur on about mate, yes sometimes you can leave PVA to dry completely, but you must coat it again as the PVA has to be tacky when applying the plaster.. you can get info leaflets on this sort of stuff ya know..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.