Plasterers directory

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
Been doing some thinking of late. Would the forum be open to a plasters directory?
either part of the forum or separate?
A way for us tradesmen to get ourselves found, a yellow pages just for plasters type of job.
For a small fee get ourselves listed and have our contact details, address etc etc and maybe a small photo album and a customer reviews section even?
As the biggest plastering forum out, i think it would go hand in hand myself.

thoughts?

Danny had thought about this before. Cant remember why he never went through with it.

I think its a no brainer myself,
potential customers are using the internet more and more to find plasterers, by finding us on the forum, they are helping the site and us. They can if we want, have our forum id on the directory so customers can join and message us, etc or just see how knowledgeable we are from posts we have made.

it will bring in revenue for the site aswell.

check a trade etc etc, just take the piss tbh. not saying go to that scale, but a simple listing thats searchable to services and location .

ok.....

I may as well show you what I am working on My Local Plasterer

Its close but still got lots of bugs... and not optimised yet....

I also have something else on the cards as well... but... thats a way off yet and I need resources to pull that off....

Danny

Im having a mark bond moment....interested:RpS_biggrin:

hows lee on it already:RpS_angry:

ok.....

I may as well show you what I am working on My Local Plasterer

Its close but still got lots of bugs... and not optimised yet....

I also have something else on the cards as well... but... thats a way off yet and I need resources to pull that off....

Danny

how would that work, though. would you have to pay to advertise? and would it be on page one of google every time? say i was looking for a plasterer in bebington, and googled "bebington plasterer" would it be there? have you seen this similar site:

Find Local Plasterers with the Plasterer Finder

you'd really have to look to find this site, though. you'd be searching for plastering directory or listing which i'm guessing most people dont do. its usually like "bebington plasterer" or "plasterer bebington".

how would that work, though. would you have to pay to advertise? and would it be on page one of google every time? say i was looking for a plasterer in bebington, and googled "bebington plasterer" would it be there? have you seen this similar site:

Find Local Plasterers with the Plasterer Finder

you'd really have to look to find this site, though. you'd be searching for plastering directory or listing which i'm guessing most people dont do. its usually like "bebington plasterer" or "plasterer bebington".
is there one called...find a skimmer,, dont do lids tho?.:RpS_unsure:

yeah kinder....

The hope is to get as many plasterers listed then optimise each one to rank for the area/town....

Would be free for the first year and the depending on results would start charging a small amount each year...

I am building one for another project and its going really well at the moment.... lots of work involved but we actually have a team of workers building it and working on it so its moving quickly... also in the niche there is only one other site that does it or at least the only threat...

The other thing we are working on for TPF and the industry is top secret but it will hopefully be a game changer :D

yeah kinder....

The hope is to get as many plasterers listed then optimise each one to rank for the area/town....

Would be free for the first year and the depending on results would start charging a small amount each year...

I am building one for another project and its going really well at the moment.... lots of work involved but we actually have a team of workers building it and working on it so its moving quickly... also in the niche there is only one other site that does it or at least the only threat...

The other thing we are working on for TPF and the industry is top secret but it will hopefully be a game changer :D

I like it mate. I'm in

Its not really ready to launch yet got lots of bugs and the style needs tweaking but it has lots of cool features and on a test site it ranks really well as well :)

What happens if say there's 10 members on here from the same area?
I know theres at least half a dozen+ on here that are in my area :RpS_unsure:

then it all comes down to how well you wrote your page :D

you can have featured listings and what not... but in the end they will have to choose....

You can have people leave reviews and what not and i have worked it so it sorts out the ip so you cant fake them easily :D

do we have to have an interview or a test etc? what is the membership criteria? i am not very good at interviews and kowtowing to others. that's why i work for myself

so it's like checkatrade or a local trading standards scheme
I will be travelling all over the country meeting plasterers, checking their quals, tools, insurance, transport, portfolio, CSCS cards, meeting with customers, visiting their place of work, meeting with friends and family the. At the end they will take a small test of around twenty questions put together by yours truly (each sheet will be slightly different) then your in whoop whoop. Obviously I will need to stay away from home a bit but it is hoped some of the members will put me up at their gaffs :) the. You will get your sticker with a hologram of mine and Danny's face with a unique number.

I will be travelling all over the country meeting plasterers, checking their quals, tools, insurance, transport, portfolio, CSCS cards, meeting with customers, visiting their place of work, meeting with friends and family the. At the end they will take a small test of around twenty questions put together by yours truly (each sheet will be slightly different) then your in whoop whoop. Obviously I will need to stay away from home a bit but it is hoped some of the members will put me up at their gaffs :) the. You will get your sticker with a hologram of mine and Danny's face with a unique number.

Once Ryan tells everyone how you over polish your walls and he sacked you. You'll never work in his town again......your finished......... Finished I tell you

Thats good theres plenty of members on here that would like to meet you face to face:RpS_angry::RpS_biggrin:

made up danny! something like this working along side the forum can do well!

Do we get, stickers upon signing up? usefull for the van to say - Proud member of - TPF and My local plasterer. works both ways then, helps us and draws more people to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.