Plasterer Windsor Area

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

granada

Can anyone recommend a plasterer in the Windsor (Berkshire) area. I hate to say this, but have been ripped off by two local plasterers, who will remain nameless obviously and now am nervous trying to find a good one. It's a small job, just two walls, which could be fitted in to suit their time - that's assuming they have time as I know good ones are worth their weight in gold.

Thanks for your help.

granada said:
Can anyone recommend a plasterer in the Windsor (Berkshire) area. I hate to say this, but have been ripped off by two local plasterers, who will remain nameless obviously and now am nervous trying to find a good one. It's a small job, just two walls, which could be fitted in to suit their time - that's assuming they have time as I know good ones are worth their weight in gold.

Thanks for your help.
Wahayyyyy....Windsor thats my Manor :D :D

minty said:
granada said:

Thanks for your help.
Wahayyyyy....Windsor thats my Manor :D :D

hmmmmmmmmmmm did you not read it he doesnt want you back ;)

When I mean ripped off - I actually meant sub-standard jobs which cost me a lot of money. Dining room was plastered and he left me with beautiful swirls and patterns all over the place from his trowel thinggy or whatever it's called.
I couldn't tell for sure at the time it was a mess - until it dried. He also plastered over a tongue and groove wall, can't remember if he plasterboarded it first, and left one edge near the door which is visible without any sort of beading. When he plastered the plasterboard, if that's what he did, he must have nailed it and left the nails protruding to the otherside of the wall, up the stairs, and I kept cutting my hand everytime I used the banister until I ripped them off.

I asked him to come back and rectify all the walls, needless to say he didn't return my call. He had a van with Guild of something or other on it - yeah I know that doesn't mean a hill of beans, but phoned the guild up and they told me he wasn't registered and it was illegal for him to display it on his van.

The other guy came into to screed a kitchen floor, before new lino was put down. It was still soaking wet a week later and the lino guy obviously couldn't fit the flooring. Think he said the mix was wrong, had too much water or milky stuff in it - so all of that had to be taken out and the floor screeded (?) again.

Both these guys were local - talk about messing on your own doorstep.

really sorry to hear that. You should keep phoning these guys and demand your money back, its people like these who really put our trade to shame.

Both Minty and i are local, you are welocme to come along on any job i`m doing and see what quality yor going to get, as for Minty i can vouch for his work, he may be a old git , but he is a good spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.