Plasterer Needed for EX8 - Float and Set

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes doing a trial? Never heard of that before

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Actually it was the plasterers suggestion (although I was going to suggest one room first). What you have to remember, I have no references on how good this person is. I haven't seen any of his work.

T
Maybe. A fella asked me to skim a room once as a trial and if he was happy i Could have the rest of the house. I didn't do it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Tbh I am absolutely sick to the back of my last brain cell..of the way people are when doing jobs at there houses..it's them that should be on trial..Any plonker ever said that to me this would be the reply "I'll do 2 days for you and if you seem okay to me,stay out the way while I work and pay then I might come back for whatever else you MIGHT have even if the next one is Buckingham flipping palace".
Give me a break..
Why do people blab on like plasterers are scum of the planet.

Some people you can never please
And I ain't going to try

Actually it was the plasterers suggestion (although I was going to suggest one room first). What you have to remember, I have no references on how good this person is. I haven't seen any of his work.
Sorry buddy I can't bite my tongue anymore bobby was referred to you by everyone on here ,he knows his stuff and you could of checked him out...yet you said no and went with someone you are not sure about ..all sounds like a load of rubbish to me as I have heard this rubbish for 15 years.
P.s No plasterer in the world is ever going to say I will do one room to see if you like it?

Sorry buddy I can't bite my tongue anymore bobby was referred to you by everyone on here ,he knows his stuff and you could of checked him out...yet you said no and went with someone you are not sure about ..all sounds like a load of rubbish to me as I have heard this rubbish for 15 years.
P.s No plasterer in the world is ever going to say I will do one room to see if you like it?

Blooming heck mate. Calm down.
The majority of you will all get your work through recommendation - and that's the way it should be. If you do a good job, people will always recommend you and then a scenario of do a room first isn't even going to come into the equation.

To someone new to the area - having one room done first (not a blinking freebie) is a good idea.

I have no doubt Bobby is good from all the recommendations he has got and his website is impressive. Hopefully I will get the chance to work with him at some point in the not to distance future, but then, for all the banter that is going around, Bobby might not even want to work for me.

@The plasterman - go take a chill pill.

Id let them check my work after 1 room plasterman I wudnt give a flying fook tbh..just like I wud check a joiners work after he finished in my house putting a laminate floor down or skirting boards wats the point in letting the trade carry on if there are s**t then you e got to pay to get it fixed..i agree he shud of gone for wat he got reccommended on here but there's nowt wrong in letting the guy do 1 room to make sure he's competent

One room seems like a good idea.... I would be happy to do a trial room rather than every room to then be told I am not going to get paid...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Does it not defeat the object of a recommendation? The purpose of WOM Is to weed out the chances by asking someone you trust to champion someone else. Just my opinion like

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Sorry @Danny i probably should of kept of not commented on this thread as advertising for work is good for members..but it just reads like a load of normal carrot and billy property developer crap that most plasterers come across every week..
@Kitchy even if he did do one room for him just suggesting it imo says the guy is untrustworthy guy to work for in the first place ..all he is doing is established no trust from just saying it..if the plasterer did suggest it (which I doubt) he probably only did because he felt no trust when he met him and probably thought do a room and get the hell out for a better job and customer.

Want work done ? Yes ...here is price
Do the flipping work ..pay
Simple

Stuff all the other if's and buts crap.

Sure there will be forthcoming perfect plasterer rubbish after this as well all stating they do this all the time

More fool you then

How did you find him and why did you choose him? Did you get more than one quote?

Sorry @Danny i probably should of kept of not commented on this thread as advertising for work is good for members..but it just reads like a load of normal carrot and billy property developer crap that most plasterers come across every week..
@Kitchy even if he did do one room for him just suggesting it imo says the guy is untrustworthy guy to work for in the first place ..all he is doing is established no trust from just saying it..if the plasterer did suggest it (which I doubt) he probably only did because he felt no trust when he met him and probably thought do a room and get the hell out for a better job and customer.

Simple

I agree to a degree... but the owner is relying on the plasterer being as good as they think they are... but we all know there are some really shitty "skimmers" out there

@plastermans on 1 2nite haha..ur missus not giving out Vince lol...
I'm off this thread now ..have had a s**t customer this week so probably shouldn't of took it out on @Claytops so apologies all if I lost it..

Doesn't seem to be any trust any where any more even on referred customers tbh

Just going to book a holiday now sod it

Its funny how people lose it on here..u go in stages on this forum sometimes just need a rite gud rant to let it all out..

One room is not a guarantee that the rest of the job will be ok. As many have said recommendations separate the good from bad, the op has his own opinion and that's fine - his money, his house. Hope only everything goes as planed. I won't be surprised if he got a quote from bobby tho:rolleyes:

Fair enough if a stranger wants to know what a tradesmans work is like but instead of doing a room as a trial I'd rather say to him come and look at house I'm doing at the moment.

Fair enough if a stranger wants to know what a tradesmans work is like but instead of doing a room as a trial I'd rather say to him come and look at house I'm doing at the moment.
We had that and it was uncomfortable lol..was going round walls feeling and touching in front of us..we got his job tho..and he was a cock took 4 months to get paid from him

We had that and it was uncomfortable lol..was going round walls feeling and touching in front of us..we got his job tho..and he was a cock took 4 months to get paid from him
I hate touchers lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have never suggested or agreed on conditions like this. And if someone aproach me with " one room" is already problem ringing bell!!!!. I will suggest one rom if I have just started plastering or any other trade. At some point you start seeing it as a lack of confidence , which customers with budged don't really care. They will take the risk to pay cheaper and burn him if they can.

Simple

What an absolute ignorant ass h you are!

I don't know why the plasterer suggested doing one room first - but I would be surprised if it was because he felt he could not trust us. Perhaps because he knew we had two other companies in for quotes he wanted to 'offer' us the chance to see his quality work? Look at it this way - the other people didn't offer to do one room first - he got the work. Get my drift??

I have been trading for 8 years and I have never knocked anyone. I wouldn't dream of it. I pay decent money and our working environment is fun and relaxed. If I flip a property (as opposed to keeping it as a rental), as soon as the money is in the bank, we take all the workers out to a very decent restaurant, the wives and girlfriends come along too.

When I discovered this forum I thought, what a fantastic idea and a pat on the back for the guy who set the site up. But by heck, people like you @theplasterman are totally ruining it.

Oh and by the way - you keep referring to me as a guy and you got that wrong too!!

I don't know why the plasterer suggested doing one room first - but I would be surprised if it was because he felt he could not trust us. Perhaps because he knew we had two other companies in for quotes he wanted to 'offer' us the chance to see his quality work? Look at it this way - the other people didn't offer to do one room first - he got the work. Get my drift??

I have been trading for 8 years and I have never knocked anyone. I wouldn't dream of it. I pay decent money and our working environment is fun and relaxed. If I flip a property (as opposed to keeping it as a rental), as soon as the money is in the bank, we take all the workers out to a very decent restaurant, the wives and girlfriends come along too.

When I discovered this forum I thought, what a fantastic idea and a pat on the back for the guy who set the site up. But by heck, people like you @theplasterman are totally ruining it.

Oh and by the way - you keep referring to me as a guy and you got that wrong too!!
It is a good forum
I lost me rag
Hope it goes well for you
I never been taken to celebrate
But have had filler steak cooked for me once

It is great place , but don't forget is online community , something like virtual s*x- you can learn the posses , but you can't feel the touch! Usually if you don't like the way dispute or conversation is going down, you leave it where it is! You don't come back and dig at it, unless you don't mind to be exposed to the public opinions. To summarise it- your attitude is no different than theplasterman's ! So wats the problem - someone called you cock when you don't have one or you are not one?

Hmmmm sounds like someone's got more of a problem with "having the painters in" than the plasterers :aburrido:

It is a good forum
I lost me rag
Hope it goes well for you
I never been taken to celebrate
But have had filler steak cooked for me once
image.jpeg
:sorprendido3:

What i do like about this place is that there are so many opinions and soo many different characters it really does give you a good indication of what the trade really thinks.

I personally dont mind doing a trial room for someone as long as I am paid my time and expenses etc... its just another job... but I kinder of see where the others are going and saying...

good luck with your search and I think @bobby is your man if I remember right...

Do a room, paid for a room, I don't see problem to be honest , keeps Plasterer on his/her toes and not so much money trading hands less stress all around

I'm with the op on this one. I might piss a few people off but I don't care it's a forum we have opinions.
She's wants a good job, she wants to see what people are like.
You might get one good room then one bad room, you may get a good job or you might realise there Rubbish and then you can change to another spread.
It's business at the end of the day. We have to protect ourselves as much as the customer does. She's not forcing someone to do it, she's offering it so it's a choice. At least she's being straight up.
We all work differently and if you can adapt to different situations and surrounds then to me that's a bonus.
Good luck with the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepp
Is that cheap cut seasoned with easy fill?
Peppered fillet
Only happened once

Did get fish and chips brought for me once as well last week.

Most people doing up house's have normally ran out of cash by the time plasterman gets there tbh.

I bet you are loving this thread granty,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.