Plasterer in North West Leicestershire

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ya payin for half a day? and can we assume we double that for the full day? is that the first half of the day or the second half of the day? you say you have a couple of half days coming up can we assume this is a full day? cheers

but is his half a day really half a day, and is lunch included in the half a day. I dont know many plasterers who do half a day , its a full day's money because what the hell can you do for the rest of the day if your next job is 20 mile away. Makes me laugh when builders talk about half a day, they wouldnt go and do half a day.

i was working for a builder once and it was in the middle of no where and the only place we could get some grub was a pub opposite the job well one day we came out after 40 mins as we were waiting for the food and the bloke pulled us on it when we were getting paid he said "so the other day you had 10 min more for break what do i owe you for that?" I said your having a laugh mate you owe us a days money, he paid but what a bloody cheek :mad:

Took this of his site.......... "We routinely undertake small works for clients ranging from fencing repairs, door or lock replacement, patios or brickwork, garden landscaping, kitchen and bathroom tiling.. the list goes on. Several clients retain us on an hourly rate for house DIY jobs, although we are more than happy to provide individual quotes for any job. Don't think that a job is too small - give us a call and see how good we really are."...................so you might not even get half a day maybe a couple of hours to give it a quick skim ;)

Builders Builders... what more can i say... price a job up at top money.... and expect tradesmen to grovell for 1/2 a days money... i will no probs mate but you probably could not afford me.... 50 m2 skimming 3 hours £5.00 per m2 = £250.00 plus vat....
go to the job shop and catch a junkie mate

Sorry to upset all you plasterers with chips on your shoulders about builders. This was a genuine request to find a decent plasterer with whom I could provide ongoing work for both small works and extensions and new builds. I wanted someone local so that small jobs could be fitted in at their convenience and having worked in the trade for many years am completely aware as to what a half day entails.

I guess I'll take my business elsewhere.

macsplank said:
Sorry to upset all you plasterers with chips on your shoulders about builders. This was a genuine request to find a decent plasterer with whom I could provide ongoing work for both small works and extensions and new builds. I wanted someone local so that small jobs could be fitted in at their convenience and having worked in the trade for many years am completely aware as to what a half day entails.

If you know what half a day entails, you should know that most trades will not turn out for half a day!!.

> having worked in the trade many years................I don't think so!!

macsplank said:

The boys are only saying it how it is. Most builders are greedy bastards.

macsplank said:

well in that case i shall take my half days elsewhere too :p

I cant see what your problem is guys, this guy is offering work and NO mention of money has been made.

I think your all up your own asses

richardbrown said:
I cant see what your problem is guys, this guy is offering work and NO mention of money has been made.

Very true, there was no mention of money. If he had mentioned money in his 1st and 2nd reply, he might of not got so much flak...............I'am up me own ass as well ;D

i'm with richard on this one. i'm happy to do little jobs and to get repeat work off a small builder pays for beer!. sorry i'm not closer macsplank.

richardbrown said:

lol give him a bell rick

fair enough he was offering work and he was telling you how long its gonna take but no mention of money but i can guarantee he was only payin half a days money, your not gonna get a decent plasterer for half a days money, why wasnt he askin for a price? ill tell ya hes a skin flint good luck to whoever rings him also who done his other plastering ie the big stuff that takes a full day yeh your right the guy he just fell out with who wont work for half a days money where and when required.

I work for a lot of local builders and my work ethic is take the rough with the smooth, not all jobs are fantastic earners. I did a job last week that wasnt even worth me doing but did it cause the guy gives me regular work and sometimes the jobs are big.

Half a days work when its on your doorstep is better that sat at home on your ass imo.

Rich

richardbrown said:
I work for a lot of local builders and my work ethic is take the rough with the smooth, not all jobs are fantastic earners. I did a job last week that wasnt even worth me doing but did it cause the guy gives me regular work and sometimes the jobs are big.

Half a days work when its on your doorstep is better that sat at home on your ass imo.

Rich
I really don't think that is the issue richard !! i think the point the lad's are trying to make is that the builder has come on here, telling us that they are half day's , and that basically is all he is going to pay wether it's a half day or full day because he thinks its only half day, and as mentioned why is he not using the local spreads ? or what happened to his local spread , he was very vague and very arrogant , posting the fact he has a half day here and there and if you think your worthy e-mail me, he did not have the courtesy to present a proper thread or introduction so why should he be afforded any respect !!! imo

warriorupnorth said:
richardbrown said:

Rich
I really don't think that is the issue richard !! i think the point the lad's are trying to make is that the builder has come on here, telling us that they are half day's , and that basically is all he is going to pay wether it's a half day or full day because he thinks its only half day, and as mentioned why is he not using the local spreads ? or what happened to his local spread , he was very vague and very arrogant , posting the fact he has a half day here and there and if you think your worthy e-mail me, he did not have the courtesy to present a proper thread or introduction so why should he be afforded any respect !!! imo
Do agree warriour

richardbrown said:

Rich
warriorupnorth said:
richardbrown said:

Rich

exactly the point i was making but worded better and richard your right in your post also........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.