Plastered ceiling dips at one end

Members online

Terry's

Hi
I am looking for advice please.
I had my conservatory ceiling plastered but it it 5mm lower at one end. It is mostly level then just plummets. It is noticeable because the wall is the original brickwork. The plasterer didn't follow the brick line. The company said they can fill/skim the ceiling to take it down to the lowest level. This seems a lot of unnecessary weight on a ceiling. I am not happy with other aspects of the job so I don't know if this is an acceptable way to resolve the problem or if it would lead to more problems. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Terry

Attachments

• 20230430_153543.jpg
    20230430_153543.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
Thanks, yes there are several options. What do you think to the proposed solution of adding more plaster to the majority of the ceiling to lower it?

Needs a to be p v a bonded out then reset to correct the problem other wise it will always catch you eye

Thank you. So if its done well with pva bonding it might be OK? I'm not sure how the level will be maintained. Bit tricky adding additional plaster over 9ft of ceiling in the hope of lowering it by 5mm. Is it just hope for the best?

I have no intention of not paying, not sure why you would even think that. I just want to know if the option offered is realistic as it seems to me that it would take a great deal of skill. I'm asking people in the trade so that I can decide whether to accept the proposed solution or just live with what they've done. It's a conservatory firm who get in different sub contractors to do each aspect of the job so I'm not blaming any one tradesman, I just wanted the job gone well. If anyone can tell me honestly whether the proposed solution is viable or not I would be very grateful. Many thanks

Hi
I am looking for advice please.
I had my conservatory ceiling plastered but it it 5mm lower at one end. It is mostly level then just plummets. It is noticeable because the wall is the original brickwork. The plasterer didn't follow the brick line. The company said they can fill/skim the ceiling to take it down to the lowest level. This seems a lot of unnecessary weight on a ceiling. I am not happy with other aspects of the job so I don't know if this is an acceptable way to resolve the problem or if it would lead to more problems. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Terry
It was out before, you just didn't notice it .

Thank you. So if its done well with pva bonding it might be OK? I'm not sure how the level will be maintained. Bit tricky adding additional plaster over 9ft of ceiling in the hope of lowering it by 5mm. Is it just hope for the best?

Nice glass of wine every weekend for a month and problem solved.

Ceiling ist the problem, the walls look crap ,just brick . board and scim them ,room will look nice then.

Not bad idea, board & skim the walls, then the error will not be noticeable. That's what we'll do. Thanks.

Well if I were you I'd bung him a score, you don't want to end up in the papers as "Sir Skinflint".
Don't worry Paul he's dropping off some gravel grids and a ladder for me this week. That's after stopping off a bofs to fix his digger. Good egg is Chrispy.

Don't worry Paul he's dropping off some gravel grids and a ladder for me this week. That's after stopping off a bofs to fix his digger. Good egg is Chrispy.
Good lad, although I'm feeling a bit left out as I still haven't got my CHD coffee table edition.
I hope he hand delivers you a brand spanking new hand hod.