Plasterboarding over Wooden Cladding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herds

04102012162.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, but thought it was better than none. The cladding along this wall I want to remove, I was about to pull it out today when I found its quiet securely attached to the stairs, the skirting on the stairs, the handrails, the architraves etc etc..

So the builder side of me thought... why don't I just screw plaster board to it and skim over. The architrave is about 15 from the cladding so 9.5 board and skim should be fine.

Any thoughts?

04102012162.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, but thought it was better than none. The cladding along this wall I want to remove, I was about to pull it out today when I found its quiet securely attached to the stairs, the skirting on the stairs, the handrails, the architraves etc etc..

So the builder side of me thought... why don't I just screw plaster board to it and skim over. The architrave is about 15 from the cladding so 9.5 board and skim should be fine.

Any thoughts?
yeah be fine that crack on i say

As long as you dont go through the other side into the stair side. Use 9.5mm board and plenty of 25mm screwa

Cheers Guys.

The other side is the same wood cladding however its on the stairs so doesn't bother me.

When I was searching for this on diynot or some such some guy said "skim it", was he joking? or just plain mental.

Well it is called Diy... NOT.:rolleyes)... And what you doin on other forums?.tut,tut,tut:-0

well, you plasterers are known for your joking about, i like to check things on at least 3 forums before commiting... you should see my tanking a bay window on the other forums... 13 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.