Plasterboard noise

Members online

Ref59

I had 12.5mm plasterboard placed over old plasterboard that was wallpapered. I didn’t remove the old wallpaper as the plasterer just dabbed and added the new plasterboard on top. I’ve since had this skimmed and painted. The noise from neighbours now seems louder than before and when tapping the plasterboard, it sounds hollow. Has something not been done correctly? Any advice please? The skirting boards haven’t been fitted yet. Thanks in advance

Not bothered about the neighbours noise, thinking about mine to them. By the way the plasterer was just my brother not a professional hence the question.

It’ll sound hollow because it’s dabbed so there will be space in between the dabs. Same for the board behind, whether dabbed or stud. No idea the science behind the noise.... at this point on a Saturday night I couldn’t begin to think about it! Welcome along

Hope it all stays up!

Evening :tanguero:

It’ll sound hollow because it’s dabbed so there will be space in between the dabs. Same for the board behind, whether dabbed or stud. No idea the science behind the noise.... at this point on a Saturday night I couldn’t begin to think about it! Welcome along

Hope it all stays up!

Evening :tanguero:
Haha thank you. I know it’s a stupid time to ask. Was waiting and hoping I’d get a sensible answer. Will post again on Monday morning. Thanks again

It may be the SAS have moved in next door and removed wall leaving just plasterboard
Ready to blast through.
Have you been up to no good?