plasterboard nails and screws

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnr

Alright lads. Just a quick question. Ive got to nail or screw a bit of 9.5mm plasterboard on some timber at my mates house and then skim over it. Not a big job gladly. At college we just used normal nails to save on cost. Was told textbook to use galvanised or zink. Went in Wikes today and the drywall screws are black phosphated bugle head. Is this the same thing. Just want to make sure i get no rust coming through my skim.

I miss using nails for plasterboarding . Nothing beats that feeling of smashing your thumb and finger with your lath axe on a cold frosty morning on site. Oh how i loved the black finger nail.:crying:

I miss using nails for plasterboarding . Nothing beats that feeling of smashing your thumb and finger with your lath axe on a cold frosty morning on site. Oh how i loved the black finger nail.:crying:

Or the call back 3 weeks later when someone's been in loft, bounced the joists and popped every fooking 1.

Happened to a friend of mine that on a 30k extension, every ceiling about 6 months old.

I did offer my services beforehand but the builder was also a plasterer amongst many other talents

I was advised at college that nails werent used anymore exspecially for ceilings. Its only small peices where they have knocked a cupboard out in the bathroom and want it boarding out around an obstacle where the stairs run underneath. Plus a thin strip in the ceiling. Then overskim.

The only thing you need board nails for these days is fixing thin coat beads on. You dont go to collage for advise you go to be taught the right way to do things .

The only thing you need board nails for these days is fixing thin coat beads on. You dont go to collage for advise you go to be taught the right way to do things .

With your username I didn't think you'd still be using board nails for thin coat beads [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was introduced to the stapler around 2001, remember feeling like it was a gift from God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saves time big k and saving time=££££
People who use nails for beads onto plasterboard cant of tried a staple gun..

Status
Not open for further replies.