Plasterboard insulation order help

Members online

chopperferrari

Hi guys,

I'm fitting some plasterboards to a SIP kit garden office. I've built an internal stud wall and have installed resilient bars to the studs ready for the boards. I have 2 questions that I haven't been able to find answers by googling.

* Should I install the ceiling plasterboards first, then wall, or the other way around?
* When measuring the boards to cut to size should aim for a flush join in the corners? or some overlap? (i.e the wall boards overlap the ceiling boards)

Thanks,
Ben

Tbf google fails the plastering trade on so many levels but that aside you’re here now in the right place ,

Ceiling first then walls upto it, a mm gap or 2 or 3 is good practice at the join

Hi guys,

I'm fitting some plasterboards to a SIP kit garden office. I've built an internal stud wall and have installed resilient bars to the studs ready for the boards. I have 2 questions that I haven't been able to find answers by googling.

* Should I install the ceiling plasterboards first, then wall, or the other way around?
* When measuring the boards to cut to size should aim for a flush join in the corners? or some overlap? (i.e the wall boards overlap the ceiling boards)

Thanks,
Ben

Welcome

as @Vincey says... work from the top down... get the ceilings on then tack/dab the walls... gaps kept to a minimum... it use to be about 2mm gap but think it has changed since now and they can be tight :D

Ok as said work with gravity

1) board the ceiling
2) board the walls

The reason for this is the wall boards are essentially supporting the ceiling boards a little bit more

3) skim them
4) upload a high definition picture of gf as profile pics tiny even after I downloaded it

Ok as said work with gravity

1) board the ceiling
2) board the walls

The reason for this is the wall boards are essentially supporting the ceiling boards a little bit more

3) skim them
4) upload a high definition picture of gf as profile pics tiny even after I downloaded it
Your profile pics too confusing with @Danny ... Was thinking how he wouldn't of said that last bit haha

Thanks chaps that's great.

Just to make sure I understand fully. The ceiling up first keeping the board a few millimetres larger so when I place the wall boards up the ceiling board sits over the top of the wall edge?

Thanks chaps that's great.

Just to make sure I understand fully. The ceiling up first keeping the board a few millimetres larger so when I place the wall boards up the ceiling board sits over the top of the wall edge?

Board the ceiling within a few mm of the wall then stick the boards on the wall.... really as simple as that.