Plasterboard dot and dab to gable end internal wall showing damp patches

Members online

I am looking for professional advice. Has the plasterer done the job correctly by dot and dabbing the boards directly to a gable end cavity wall

Here it is :
You shouldn't have cavity wall at all.
You shouldn't have tanked the wall at all
You shouldn't use don't and dab
You should asked for advice before all of the above

In this case is not the plasterer or the guy who tanked the wall to blame for

Dry wall adhesive is "hygroscopic" this is why you can see the dabs (dark areas on the wall )
In your first post you mention advice from damp firm mentioned (polythene) is your wording , I take this as a "membrane " as opposed to polythene as this would sweat & make matters worst , your terminology may be a bit confused , the advice off the damp proofer hasn't been followed if they have dabbed direct on to a wall that has had damp issues - a membrane such as wykamol or the like should of been applied , which you can , dry line onto - this would prevent the dabs showing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At last someone that understands and yes I did mean membrane rather than polythene and Im assuming I meant cold spots rather than damp patches. The plasterer says he is not responsible so who do I get out to do a report for me

At last someone that understands and yes I did mean membrane rather than polythene and Im assuming I meant cold spots rather than damp patches. The plasterer says he is not responsible so who do I get out to do a report for me

To be honest your making no sense, it's been rendered by the damp company, so what's been boarded ? You say you have a cavity so I'd be more concerned that you have had your pants pulled down by the damp company.

Get a building surveyor to have a look, or lets have some pictures of offending wall

Look everyone understands where you at, what nobody knows why did you had to get a 2nd plasterer in when you already had one in to damp proof, and when you let the 2nd one go against the damp proofer advice. Google property care

To be honest your making no sense, it's been rendered by the damp company, so what's been boarded ? You say you have a cavity so I'd be more concerned that you have had your pants pulled down by the damp company.

Get a building surveyor to have a look, or lets have some pictures of offending wall
IMG_5304.JPG

Gps- As I have said numerous times the damp proof company rendered up to the 1 metre mark then a separate plastering company boarded and plastered the remaining wall. Yes this is a cavity wall and yes it has been injected as all my other properties have been when there is a damp issue. The reason I used a different plasterer to that of the damp proofer was that the whole of the 3 bed house needed skimming and the second plasterer was half the price of the damp proofing company. I got the plasterer through MYBUILDER and he came with good references

Get the heating on stop fuucking crying give it time to set and dry out.
Paint it
Pull your plod
And stop whinging about nothing.

Gps- As I have said numerous times the damp proof company rendered up to the 1 metre mark then a separate plastering company boarded and plastered the remaining wall. Yes this is a cavity wall and yes it has been injected as all my other properties have been when there is a damp issue. The reason I used a different plasterer to that of the damp proofer was that the whole of the 3 bed house needed skimming and the second plasterer was half the price of the damp proofing company. I got the plasterer through MYBUILDER and he came with good references

You do know then that damp issues on cavity walls are as rare as rocking horse s**t ?

Pictures ???

Please forgive me but personally I think your talking s**t and it's fake, it's time to back up what you claim with some evidence ?

You do know then that damp issues on cavity walls are as rare as rocking horse s**t ?

Pictures ???

Please forgive me but personally I think your talking s**t and it's fake, it's time to back up what you claim with some evidence ?

With today's paper so we know it's recent?

Sorry just realised its Friday, so most of you would have been in the pub and this is the drink talking

I came to this website for advice but apart from a couple of people you just throw insults about
If ever insulted you I apologize for it.
If you not happy hows the plasterer finished the job on the effected wall, and he's reluctant to accept liability, get trading standards out along with an independent surveyor, they will advise you on the legal side of things. Or you just bite the bullet and get the damp firm out to rectify that wall.
We can only give you advice on the basis of the information you willing to share.

The only person to give good advice so far on this site was pmertonplasterer, he new what he was talking about, most of the rest I wouldnt touch with a barge pole as you give your profession a bad name

The only person to give good advice so far on this site was pmertonplasterer, he new what he was talking about, most of the rest I wouldnt touch with a barge pole as you give your profession a bad name
Thanks mate

Funny that as most wouldn't work for you anyway pmsl

We said what's wrong , but is not what you want to hear! All you need is professional opinion so you can play clever and blame on someone else. What did Gordon said- close the door on your way out!

Reactions: gps
We said what's wrong , but is not what you want to hear! All you need is professional opinion so you can play clever and blame on someone else. What did Gordon said- close the door on your way out!

Another like I do apologise lol

That's the perfect recipe for disaster - cavity wall+tanking+ dot and dab. Replace it with solid wall and is even greater. How the hell people are coming with this ideas is beyond me.
Hi mate i have a 9" solid wall back to brick, pebble dashed on back original brick on front. One plasterer has said S&C then skim,. Another said tank up to 1 meter and board whole house. What's the best option. One of these or something else ? Confused.

:cachetada:

No its people like you that get good plasterers a bad name employing cheap chancers off of cowboy web sites then when you get your pants pulled down all plasterers get tared with the same brush. Just saying:coffe:

Pictures ???

really?

Hi mate i have a 9" solid wall back to brick, pebble dashed on back original brick on front. One plasterer has said S&C then skim,. Another said tank up to 1 meter and board whole house. What's the best option. One of these or something else ? Confused.
Lime render?

The second plasterer should have scratched the top half with sand and cement with same additives as the bottom half. He could have left it cure while getting on with rest of house then floated whole wall out and skimmed or dabbed a thermal board then skimmed.