Plasterboard around exposed fireplace - Help

jimmyjeopardy

Hey,

I've just had a plasterer in to board and skim my living room. I've been left with a gap around the fireplace as I'm leaving the bricks inside the fireplace exposed.

Any idea what I can do to hide this gap from the dot and dab?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 714
Strange way to leave it.

Floating it with a stop bead would have been a nice way to do it. Now you have an unfinished edge. Maybe ask the plasterer back to finish it for you? Did you discuss with him how it would look?

I would have stopped the board short a little and done a short tight round into the brick with a little bonding.
or a batten frame to float and set to around the opening to.
Or a 25mm crome tile trim to board to.
or you could fit a fire surround with a little timber return on the internals.
Communication is really important during a job. as above have you discussed it with the plasterer?

I discussed this with the plasterer before and thought we were on the same page. He's out of the country now for the next 3 weeks so I'm going to have to fix it myself.

The info on how it should have been done is really helpful but is there anything I can do now? Any suggestions how to make the best of a bad situation?

I discussed this with the plasterer before and thought we were on the same page. He's out of the country now for the next 3 weeks so I'm going to have to fix it myself.

The info on how it should have been done is really helpful but is there anything I can do now? Any suggestions how to make the best of a bad situation?
Find a nice trim that compliments something else in that room. Try local builders merchant or joinery merchant or tile merchant. It won't specifically be a plasterboard trim

Thank you all so much for your help, I'm definitely going to take your suggestions on board. This has been my first post and I'm honestly so impressed at how wonderful this forum is and how polite and helpful you've all been.