plaster whisk problem today

Members online

Dropsalot

Private Member
Thank god it's friday.......if it had happened on a monday I'd have had a meltdown,
Working in an old victorian end terrace ...complete reskim for a laid back "that'll do" kind of builder...
walls all over the place...patched etc.etc
Had a mare of a day yesterday chasing the set (x 2)....decided to "do a @zombie"...went for three smaller sets to keep in control...
1st set started at 7.45, all under control by 9...started 2nd set, bigger wall all going good...returned to 1st set for a final flick and knocked with my fat arse, into my whisk that was leaning against another wall.....
no big deal thinks I.....had a quick look behind me to see the paddle in the air.....carried on troweling..
in a bit, had a proper look at the whisk....paddle up = motor down......its only gone and fell into my wash tub! and had been there several minutes!! and I still have to second coat the 2nd set!!!!:muyenojado:
no access to a spare whisk....drained it a bit and tried it...hoping not to go up in smoke (240v on a domestic)...
weeeeell........it started slower than usual, making a different noise....then went flat out ..then stopped..
mixed the next guage like this....intermittent f**k all to flat out....
thankfully by the 3rd set it had got a little dryer and a bit more predictable....
trowelled up, packed up and went home...chillaxed now:D

Thank god it's friday.......if it had happened on a monday I'd have had a meltdown,
Working in an old victorian end terrace ...complete reskim for a laid back "that'll do" kind of builder...
walls all over the place...patched etc.etc
Had a mare of a day yesterday chasing the set (x 2)....decided to "do a @zombie"...went for three smaller sets to keep in control...
1st set started at 7.45, all under control by 9...started 2nd set, bigger wall all going good...returned to 1st set for a final flick and knocked with my fat arse, into my whisk that was leaning against another wall.....
no big deal thinks I.....had a quick look behind me to see the paddle in the air.....carried on troweling..
in a bit, had a proper look at the whisk....paddle up = motor down......its only gone and fell into my wash tub! and had been there several minutes!! and I still have to second coat the 2nd set!!!!:muyenojado:
no access to a spare whisk....drained it a bit and tried it...hoping not to go up in smoke (240v on a domestic)...
weeeeell........it started slower than usual, making a different noise....then went flat out ..then stopped..
mixed the next guage like this....intermittent f**k all to flat out....
thankfully by the 3rd set it had got a little dryer and a bit more predictable....
trowelled up, packed up and went home...chillaxed now:D
I remember as an apprentice I was knocking up mid way through I chopped the cable on the drill there was a hardware shop at end of the road I was made to go buy a plunger and knock up by hand well that taught me a lesson as I was blowing out my arse knocking up,to add insult to injury I was made to pay to get the lead sorted out I know he pocketed the money but as a young lad what could I say,Learnt my lesson though and I'm proper careful with the lead and my mixer I don't have one of the cheapy ones I went for a Refina mega mixer and oddly enough although I'm domestic I always use 110v kick myself when I gotta walk a bit to the job with a transformer though

I've got a spare paddle on an sds attachment, so if my whisk has a problem I can just get the sds out the van and I'm good to go.

IMG_4015.PNG
How fat is your arse? If it's in proportion all good....'butt' - pardon the pun, this doesn't work for me

I remember as an apprentice I was knocking up mid way through I chopped the cable on the drill there was a hardware shop at end of the road I was made to go buy a plunger and knock up by hand well that taught me a lesson as I was blowing out my arse knocking up,to add insult to injury I was made to pay to get the lead sorted out I know he pocketed the money but as a young lad what could I say,Learnt my lesson though and I'm proper careful with the lead and my mixer I don't have one of the cheapy ones I went for a Refina mega mixer and oddly enough although I'm domestic I always use 110v kick myself when I gotta walk a bit to the job with a transformer though
Same thing happened to me back in 94.....
Never again :mad:......just use a Podger for mixing noo.(y)

First few weeks of labouring I had a few mishaps with mixers...

Broke the lead on my mixer 2 years ago and had to bodge it for the last set

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Generator broke at work last Thursday knocked up three big buckets with plunger wernt that bad

View attachment 16078 How fat is your arse? If it's in proportion all good....'butt' - pardon the pun, this doesn't work for me
Does anyone remember Kenny Everett......did a piss take of Rod Stewart with an arse like that......I can assure those of you that care, that mine, whilst fat and inconvenient in a small place.....is nothing, nothing, like that phatt ass...:sisi:

Generator broke at work last Thursday knocked up three big buckets with plunger wernt that bad
Really... I would gone to the pub... seems like effort... hard enough with a whisk most days :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk