plaster went off too quick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hepibhoy

allright men, new to this game so be gentle...just plastered over artex in bedroom but when i got 3 quarters of the first coat on the plaster went off...the room is not big..3x2 but heating was on ...any ideas......2nd point ..not too happy with the finish so going to go over it again...do i have to wait till its completely dry?

did you pva the walls befor you started? usually i put a good couple of coats on artex walls it gives you more time with it , got a big artex job coming up walls landing celings rooms, all thick deep artex, god help me gona get me self a bloody big tub of pva.

sorry never said, it was a ceiling and i did pva it ..any other tips on artex ceilings...should i put it on thick

yeh mate thta helps to cover the patten, i put 3 coats on some times if its not doing as its told

I find that artex ceilings can be right feckers for either sucking up the pva and still suck on the skim or it can be totally sealed and not suck at all.
You can normally figure it out when you roll on the first coat of pva whether it sucks or its sealed.

if the heating was on that could be your problem,hot air rises on yo your ceiling there could even be pipes running above the ceiling you are skimming. ive done it before myself the plaster was going off in 5 mins. turn the heating off fully let, the place cool down ,pva then skim again.

Keep your heating off , give walls or ceiling good coat of unibond 3 to 1 .
then Bonding coat walls or ceiling if artex you can then let the bonding coat tac up a bit then skim ontop of the bonding coat . JOB DONE ... IF your new to the job then you might be better of just putting the bonding coat on in one day and the skim the next day but if you do that then the bonding coat will of set so you would have to give the walls or ceiling a really good few of coats of pva as the first couple will just soak straight in to the bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.