Plaster Wall, No Door Trim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikNak

Hi all,

I'm new to the community. I have a question, to which I did a forum search and didn't see it already answered. But if I missed something and this question has been asked before, I apologize in advance.

I live in an older home with plaster walls. I have traditional doorways, where the casing meets the wall creating a gap, and door trim is used to cover it.

I would like a doorway, where no door trim is necessary. How could I achieve that with plaster? I read somewhere that I need to attach a corner bead to the lath and door jamb and then plaster over it.

Is that so? Would anyone be able to provide very clear, step by step instructions for someone who has never worked with plaster before?

Best,

Nicole

Welcome along Nik Nak :RpS_thumbsup: any reason why you are not getting a plasterer in? Some good ones on here in your area

shadow bead as John says. any other way you will get a shrinkage crack between the plaster and casing as the casing expands and contracts due to moisture/heat in the room

you could fit a plaster stop bead around your door liner. plaster stop beads are available in 3mm,10mm and 12.5mm off the shelf in any builders merchants others to special order.
i do not like shadow beads as they are dust traps. as my local hospital found out when they had them fitted !

I thought they wanted a gap but no arcs. if not then yeah a stop bead is the chespest option as per malc

Status
Not open for further replies.