Plaster tiles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickp450

Hello people. I'm Nick and live in Kent, I've been plastering for about 10 years now. Went to look at a job today in a bathroom which is tiled floor to ceiling and the bloke wants me to plaster over them because he can't be arsed to hack them off. I've never done it before but I have heard it can be done. What's the best way to do it? :thumbup:

I went to plaster a bathroom a builder had dot and dab and id not finshed skimming and the boards started moving. The silly idiot had stuck them to the tiles and they just fell off so no you can't you need to take the tiles off

Apparently Blue grit slapped on the tiles will mean you can plaster over them.... but I wouldn't offer any kind of guarantee...

I did it two years ago and still on no hollow spots because I deliberately wanted to see if it works It does .customer had not wanted the mess so we agreed to try

It can be done with a bonding agent as has been said. But its a bathroom and no doubt gonna get tiled afain at some point. Some poor unsuspecting tiler will end up overloading the weight of the substrate and it will all come crashing down.. hopefully not a travertine 300x600 tile on some kids head

Take them off ,why take the risk :RpS_thumbup: when it goes tits ,they forget to tell you it was their idea :RpS_crying:

It's for a family friend so it's down to him. It's getting done tomorrow, using bond it. Thanks for all the advice any way

Done a small bathroom today over tiles customer used bond it went ok first time skimming over tiles wasn't sure at first but turned out ok. I d still prefer to take them off tho

Status
Not open for further replies.