Plaster revealed itself

AndyGW

Hi. I hope I’m in the right place. I’m after advice please on what could be the issue or cause of this plaster line that seems to have bled through the paint.

This is the ceiling above the bathroom. Back when the builders were accessing the plumbing they cut a square hole in the ceiling (the bathroom has ceramic tiles so this is how they got to the pipe work).

The square was then sealed and plasterers tape put around the joins and then it was plastered, then painted. This was two years ago, so seem a odd that now the plaster is ‘bleeding’ through and on the tape line on one side.

I thought it could be a water leak. To touch, it isn’t wet and I’ve run a lot of water out of the bath to see if I can see a link, but nothing. Nothing so far.

Any advice on what can cause this or what it could be please.

Thank you

Attachments

• 2CCFBD03-373B-4925-A0BE-7FD709BCBA40.jpeg
    2CCFBD03-373B-4925-A0BE-7FD709BCBA40.jpeg
    926.1 KB · Views: 179
Looks like a leak cut a hole out the ceiling again and see what the crack is with the plumbing they did 2 years ago

Hi. I hope I’m in the right place. I’m after advice please on what could be the issue or cause of this plaster line that seems to have bled through the paint.

This is the ceiling above the bathroom. Back when the builders were accessing the plumbing they cut a square hole in the ceiling (the bathroom has ceramic tiles so this is how they got to the pipe work).

The square was then sealed and plasterers tape put around the joins and then it was plastered, then painted. This was two years ago, so seem a odd that now the plaster is ‘bleeding’ through and on the tape line on one side.

I thought it could be a water leak. To touch, it isn’t wet and I’ve run a lot of water out of the bath to see if I can see a link, but nothing. Nothing so far.

Any advice on what can cause this or what it could be please.

Thank you

looks like a weep to me