Plaster required Slough

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andybuild

Hi people

Basically posting this on behalf of a friend who runs a small family construction business who are starting off.

They are looking for a plasterer to start on a job next week (Weds/Thurs), initial job is for 2/3 rooms however could extend to further rooms.

Nice easy number, hours of work would be around 8:30am - 4:30/5pm (flexible). Daily rate of £115 minimum. 4 days minimum, possibly more.

If the workmanship and reliability is up to scratch there will be more work and better rates. All materials will be supplied. You only need your own tools.

If you live local transport can be arranged and no cost, anything else you will have to travel.

You must be experienced and have an eye for detail and take pride in your work.

Please drop me a message if interested further.

Not too sure, as the contract on this is worth less than £1000.00 I think it falls under the exemptions from CIS on that particular job, pending the plasterer is CIS registered too.

Fair enough these are your opinions.
It does say £115 minimum? How do you know what the top rate is?
Flexible work hours etc, Transport provided if local.

I know its not the world's best rate. In that area its very hard to compete when you one man band plasterers doing daily rate for £80 or dodgey building firms charging £150 a room?! Paying not tax, no overheads, no insurance etc...

Like I said it's a small business starting out and trying to offer the best both to tradespeople and clients.

Did realise it was a guessing game........why not of put maximum price?just reminds me of when I use to work for builders,then you get the old "no money on this one but your make it on the next" funny though as next one the same.goodluck though mate but im out!

@Nisus Pay cut coming your way if this is what builders are getting quality reliable people for. :D

Especially as the working hours run into what you call 'overtime' :p

P1ss aaaaffff, you know I won't get out of bed for less than £200 a day :sisi:

Did realise it was a guessing game........why not of put maximum price?just reminds me of when I use to work for builders,then you get the old "no money on this one but your make it on the next" funny though as next one the same.goodluck though mate but im out!

Just because a 'builder' has got his quote wrong it doesn't mean he has to claw it back by penalising other tradesmen.

I know its not the world's best rate. In that area its very hard to compete when you one man band plasterers doing daily rate for £80 or dodgey building firms charging £150 a room?! Paying not tax, no overheads, no insurance etc...

Like I said it's a small business starting out and trying to offer the best both to tradespeople and clients.

If that was the rates where I was, I wouldn't bother starting out. If there working for the builder its taxed at source. As said might suit someone semi retired.

Still cant see why it was a minimum day rate ? How would it be decided for more per day ? A grand on the job and theres 3 rooms to do ? Add materials and plasterers labour is it even worth it for the builder ? And for them rates i doubt its a day and a 1/3 a room ;-)

Couldn't agree anymore with you mate,it just winds me up with builders!I'm not saying there all the same just havn't found one that's different!haha but agree with other chap if your semi retired then why not but think I'll be wanting to be finished at 12.00 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.