Plaster over s**t

Members online

harryj490

Can anyone recommend what to do doing a job for a friend who wants me to skim this room 1 wall is stud wall with plasterboard, rest are dot and dabbed , but the boards been on for a while it's just been dryliner paper and painted , but all paint coming off and sections of paper , and slight plasterboard paper, any recommend anything or just skim straight on top or what thanks all

He wants it done on the cheap and I know there's ways to get round it buy the don't come up cheap , if I and a little sand with the pva make it pretty much neat pva recon that will work i know it's a low sunction background, just worried that maybe the pva might react when out finish on and start bleeding through or even slide everywhere

Skimming over old nackered plasterboard/dry lining can be a pain, sometimes the paper on the plasterboard lifts away and the skim bubbles. I normally use blue grit and when skimming let the first coat really pick up before second coating. Take some pictures so we can see what your up against (y)

He wants it done on the cheap and I know there's ways to get round it buy the don't come up cheap , if I and a little sand with the pva make it pretty much neat pva recon that will work i know it's a low sunction background, just worried that maybe the pva might react when out finish on and start bleeding through or even slide everywhere
He's taking the piss looking for you to do it "on the cheap".Are you trying to make money or what?.

Come out alright give it the blue grit ! Cheers all.

Attachments

• IMG_2640.JPG
    IMG_2640.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 282