Plaster in downlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimble

Just wondering if anyone has come across these yet? They must look the pups parts when installed, I'm moving to a new house soon and I'm going to fit some in the lounge.

Looks like they have a lip that you plaster up to so they are completely recessed.

image.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has come across these yet? They must look the pups parts when installed, I'm moving to a new house soon and I'm going to fit some in the lounge.

Looks like they have a lip that you plaster up to so they are completely recessed.

View attachment 2573
Just fitted them in my new extension (kitchen/diner) 23 of them:RpS_unsure:,we went for the round ones,they give a really nice light and a lovely glow,not a great lover of spotlights so these are a good alternative,good choice skiableskiable:RpS_thumbup:

Easy to use, I have come across them a few times , the have a mesh on the outside which becomes invisible when skimmed, very cool, beware some end up needing a heavier coat than normal on an uneven ceiling, 4/5 mm maybe with some units as the kick when the joists are uneven,

Just fitted them in my new extension (kitchen/diner) 23 of them:RpS_unsure:,we went for the round ones,they give a really nice light and a lovely glow,not a great lover of spotlights so these are a good alternative,good choice skiableskiable:RpS_thumbup:

Lol, weirdest autocorrect ever? Great cheers for that mate. Where did u get them from as cheapest I've seen is 25 odd quid each? Also how was the skimming with them?

Mr resistor,in balham,London ,think I paid £15 each wivout the lamps.once you decide on your positions I brought a proper hole cutter and gripfilled them in the day before I set my ceilings ,some needed a few temporary screws in to hold certain parts of the mesh fitting to get it tighter to the ceiling of which I removed before plastering,I gave it 3 costs of plaster, the first just up to the mesh ,the2nd and 3rd all over, mine come with a polystyrene infill to protect the inside from getting shi tted up but I never used them I went round and put duck tape on the inside flush with the edge ,and when finished pulled off duck tape and everything was clean, also they don't throw shadows no more than ordinary spot lights, well I don't think so ,I'm really pleased wiv them ,hope that helps ya

The ones i fitted were round and had two tabs fitted to the inside of the light unit.I cut them out and fixed them in the ceiling with dry wall adhesive and fitted the screws through the ceiling,then easy filled them and then used a palm sander,they come up the mutts nutts.
I have a photo somewhere if i knew how to post photos onto the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.