Plaster Dump Pile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
At my house I have an area round side that is solely for me.I bang out me buckets and clean up me van crap and most of the time drop the crap in me bin.over the last 6 months I started with a buckets worth on the floor cuz me bin was full but now its turning into a mini plaster pile,i going to have to fork out for a skip soon cus the council are also doing bin checks for what we throw away.Anyone else got a dump pile at yours?..Or am I a dirty trader?

WP_20160109_12_43_44_Pro.jpg

You'll need to be careful putting that lot in a skip. Most chrage extra for gypsum products and it has to be kept separate from othe waste, and some companies refuse to take it.

At €12 a bag of multi over here I have become pretty accurate with what I need to mix up, the slop bucket I leave to settle taking the water off the top bagging the Shiite up at end.
Take waste to local dump costs centimos infact last rip out van full of rubble n waste cost me €6.
There again I could never understand bags of mix going to waste anyhow it's not that hard to gauge what's needed.
Maybe cos I just don't like waste full stop,for sure diff over there and all set up to screw you over for few more quid.

Thought I would get a ribbings for me honesty but surely there must be some dumb piles elsewhere..can't order a skip for every domestic day or two job and I'll admit I probably mix up more than I need cus it's better to have to much than not enough to be honest.

Thought I would get a ribbings for me honesty but surely there must be some dumb piles elsewhere..can't order a skip for every domestic day or two job and I'll admit I probably mix up more than I need cus it's better to have to much than not enough to be honest.

Just put on your quote for a small job £40 waste removal or whatever you think it's worth, they always say to me oh don't worry about the waste we'll take it to the tip, lol right gits it always works. :bananahappy:
Then if they agree to the £40 waste removal you have some money towards a skip when you need one, plus off the next couple of jobs you'll also have some money towards it ;)

If you got that much of a space at home get a small skip or we got transfer depos where trades can take building waste they charge by the weight. But having a skip for yourself is best I think.

Just put on your quote for a small job £40 waste removal or whatever you think it's worth, they always say to me oh don't worry about the waste we'll take it to the tip, lol right gits it always works. :bananahappy:
Then if they agree to the £40 waste removal you have some money towards a skip when you need one, plus off the next couple of jobs you'll also have some money towards it ;)

So you know when I have a skip on a job and you bung your stuff in that ..........

If you got that much of a space at home get a small skip or we got transfer depos where trades can take building waste they charge by the weight. But having a skip for yourself is best I think.
Thanks zol
No dump pile at yours either ?

I feeling like the lone dumpster here
:llorando:

I leave all rubbish for customer to remove, unless its big enough for skip or someone to collect. Saves any of this hassle!

Thanks zol
No dump pile at yours either ?

I feeling like the lone dumpster here
:llorando:
Our place looks like a tip all the time, actually the skip is the only tidy and neat spot we got.
I used to do the same like you till the binman was ok with it, used to give them some cash to take it but a good year ago now they wouldn't take it no matter how much I offered.
I pay 190 for an 8yrd skip and he takes whatever is in the skip only moans when I overloaded it. I had others quoting4-500 per skip for plastering bits so I think I got an alright deal.

Nice one @Kitchy

There is 6 month's worth there multi as well

Any honest dumpsters out there or are you all perfect plasterers

Bet u cud get all that in 5 bin bags doubled up then on ur nxt Job put 1 in there bin and so on and so on..we always sly abit of waste in black bins we take sum away but we will always sly abit in there bin
They been hiding the bins and locking the gates so I can't get to them...think word has got round about me pile

Price it into the job wether it's a mini skip or waste removal man or you take it away & they pay you to take it away & then you get a skip when required.
Why should you pay to get rid of the customers waste, they want the work doing not you, so it's their waste they should pay for its disposal, you shouldn't be out of pocket. Or have a garden like a fly tipping site.
Just put it on the quote man :D

Not bad at all, but then I suppose you've mostly been working with me in that time anyway. (y)

That's why I said that :sisi:
In 18months i've only put about 6rubble sacks of shite in your skip off my own jobs or my house. Everything else ive got rid myself, or the customer has lol. So don't get sending me a bill now please :coffe:

Talking of waste i've still got 2 unopened bags of unifinish 1 in the garage if anyone wants to buy them as a collectors item?? :sisi:

That's why I said that :sisi:
In 18months i've only put about 6rubble sacks of shite in your skip off my own jobs or my house. Everything else ive got rid myself, or the customer has lol. So don't get sending me a bill now please :coffe:

Talking of waste i've still got 2 unopened bags of unifinish 1 in the garage if anyone wants to buy them as a collectors item?? :sisi:
That's two bags of 30 minutes set plaster right there even with clean water

Bet u cud get all that in 5 bin bags doubled up then on ur nxt Job put 1 in there bin and so on and so on..we always sly abit of waste in black bins we take sum away but we will always sly abit in there bin

If I just go and over skim a ceiling or something small I'll just black bag whatever rubbish there is..

I all ways put my plaster rubbish in the bottom of the bin then covered up with household rubbish. Bin man none of the wiser
Always do that binmen dont have a clue there dnt watch every bit of rubbish go into tipper dnt think there care tbh obviously ull get a jobs worth now and again like

I'm located in Hyndburn - I stopped moving waste when they brought of Waste Permits ( that's for you to carry or transfer waste from a job ) I explain it in my T&Cs unless it's a large amount & then hire Skips I've attached a brief description,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 358
Status
Not open for further replies.