Plaster dried with light patches

Members online

Superseven707

I'm a DIYer and have done quite a bit of plastering over the years but never seen this before. It's multi finish on new plasterboard and has dried with these light patches which have an open surface which sands off easily. The only thing I can think of is it's because it was a part used bag of plaster which was well past it's use by date. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• 15924726680523108047309621164969.jpg
    15924726680523108047309621164969.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 427
I'm a DIYer and have done quite a bit of plastering over the years but never seen this before. It's multi finish on new plasterboard and has dried with these light patches which have an open surface which sands off easily. The only thing I can think of is it's because it was a part used bag of plaster which was well past it's use by date. Any other ideas?
Was the date on the bag June 2014?
What a vintage year that was!

It's like eating abit something and saying this tasted like s**t and made me ill, no idea why. It was well past its use by date is only thing I can think of, but any other ideas?

why oh why did you not get a plasterer in, are you by any chance an engineer/fireman/teacher

Looks s**t tbh give it a re skim did you sponge the fuk out of it?

TBF, been using up a bit of old finish on a few small areas last week or so. Doesn't flash set or anything but its just a bit random and dries a bit weird. Be ok with a bit of paint on (y)

How old? Vintage 2019 before covid.
2019 mate. Needs must and all that. Had 3 in date bags left, that ive been using on my mates house, but used the old in a walk in wardrobe. Used a bit on 'mrs jones' 3m bathroom ceiling that I'm doing at mo. Its the wet room I'm doing on the thread 'load of shite' posted earlier in week.

Its not awful to use, and 2 coated out of the same mix as it seemed to hang a fair bit, but almost a bit wubbery to use and feels a bit grittier to the touch when finished, but for the area, will be fine. Back in tomorrow to finish tiling. Proper peasant mate, but she's going into hospital soon and needs to self isolate, so gotta get it done for her.

2019 mate. Needs must and all that. Had 3 in date bags left, that ive been using on my mates house, but used the old in a walk in wardrobe. Used a bit on 'mrs jones' 3m bathroom ceiling that I'm doing at mo. Its the wet room I'm doing on the thread 'load of shite' posted earlier in week.

Its not awful to use, and 2 coated out of the same mix as it seemed to hang a fair bit, but almost a bit wubbery to use and feels a bit grittier to the touch when finished, but for the area, will be fine. Back in tomorrow to finish tiling. Proper peasant mate, but she's going into hospital soon and needs to self isolate, so gotta get it done for her.
Ahh 2019 that was a good year geez lol.
Needs must at a time like this, so I suppose you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
As long as you take a knee and repent after you get home tomorrow then Jesus just might forgive you!
#peasentslivesmatter

Ahh 2019 that was a good year geez lol.
Needs must at a time like this, so I suppose you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
As long as you take a knee and repent after you get home tomorrow then Jesus just might forgive you!
#peasentslivesmatter

5FF6B7CA-FE23-4B04-BFC3-987574A23A65.jpeg
911325E5-3360-4494-80FE-CC90ECA28A11.jpeg
Gotta finish the tiling and self level the floor before Im done today mate :numberone:

Attachments

• 32BE6652-02B3-43FA-8D49-7B9BA6E07E77.jpeg
    32BE6652-02B3-43FA-8D49-7B9BA6E07E77.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
I have had it today wet in places and rock hard in others gone totally not drying equally it’s a f**k up at the factory but they won’t admit it I sent a full pallet back today hsd another dropped off but same bar code not tried it yet but this one will be going back I have plastered for 30 years and I have done a ceiling and wall and the finish is shocking can’t do a thing with it ! Never in my life have I had this proberley got a new lad in who’s f**k*d up and they’re not wanting to recall the batch ! Wankers