plaster boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

how thick you use for walls and ceillings? when should thermo boards be used? cheers lad

all depends on the building spec mate if there isnt one use 12.5mm on everything

just a domestic job mate 12.5 it is then cheers, is it true i need a fire proof board over lintel or what a bud?

only rsj's mate if youre dabbing concrete lintels gypbond them the day before and metal ones give them a quick tight coat of adhesive 20 mins before you dab them

dont think iv plastered on fire proof before do they suck the moistnes out of the plaster alot? or they just like the norm but fireproof i guessin they more expensive?

no exactly the same mate the blue boards pull in a bit more but nothing extreme

no worries mate........it could all be completely wrong and someone else might point you in the right direction, chosing boards are a mare, on one site you could have standard board on the ceiling then on an identical site you'd have firecheck which is why its nice when you get a spec .......i know it's domestic but i was told by a dryliner just to use standard :)

Not sure if its a new reg but the last couple of rsj's ive done ive been instructed by the building inspector to double skin them with fireline boards. The pictures I put in the pictures section I had to double skin and there were 6 in all, a rite pain in arse if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.