Plaster Board & Backing Plaster

SSteveP

Hi guys, just need some advise from someone. I've knocked through from the lounge to the kitchen area, fitted the door casing which lines up with the skirting board, the wall is concrete block with 12.5mm plastrboard which has approx 10mm adhesive to it. Unfortunately block wall is leaning 20mm out which therefore runs approx 10mm beyond the door casing, the only thing I can see to do is to cut the existing plasterboard back further along the wall to try and gently bring it into the casing. Can I use backing plaster next to the plaster board without any cracking?

Hi guys, just need some advise from someone. I've knocked through from the lounge to the kitchen area, fitted the door casing which lines up with the skirting board, the wall is concrete block with 12.5mm plastrboard which has approx 10mm adhesive to it. Unfortunately block wall is leaning 20mm out which therefore runs approx 10mm beyond the door casing, the only thing I can see to do is to cut the existing plasterboard back further along the wall to try and gently bring it into the casing. Can I use backing plaster next to the plaster board without any cracking?
Stick your atchritive on and rebate it so you can't tell

Stick your atchritive on and rebate it so you can't tell
Hi Golem, thanks for your response, problem is the board is leaning out 10mm so the arc will look odd. what do you think about the backing plaster next to the plasterboard, skrim the joint and skimming over it? do you think it may crack?