Plaster advice

Members online

No members online now.

Ajbo

. Hi, I am looking for some information on plaster patching to raggles, I have had the whole house rewired and the raggles to the plaster walls that take the cables are around 25mm deep. These have been patched by the plasterer and once dry the walls fully skim coated and the house has then been fully redecorated, now once finished the cable runs are very visable and I am getting told that over time they will disappear but I am not sure this is the case as some look slightly proud of the wall and some look slightly under the surface. Would appreciate any advice/ comments please.

They can be proper bastards those casings! I’ve removed some before now because they were proud

Have you tried a bit of filler and sand it?

Or ring your plasterer and ask what they think

. Hi, I am looking for some information on plaster patching to raggles, I have had the whole house rewired and the raggles to the plaster walls that take the cables are around 25mm deep. These have been patched by the plasterer and once dry the walls fully skim coated and the house has then been fully redecorated, now once finished the cable runs are very visable and I am getting told that over time they will disappear but I am not sure this is the case as some look slightly proud of the wall and some look slightly under the surface. Would appreciate any advice/ comments please.
25mm deep should be plenty to do a seamless patch mate

Thanks for all your replies really appreciated to be honest I had thought it was just poor workmanship but thank you again