Plantar fasciitis

Members online

Casper

Private Member
Been suffering with it for last year or so. Brought on by years of going up and down ladders I reckon. f**k**g agony after a shift. Few things help including Dewalt socks and stiffer soled shoes

Been suffering with it for last year or so. Brought on by years of going up and down ladders I reckon. f**k**g agony after a shift. Few things help including Dewalt socks and stiffer soled shoes
U got gout u sock

I’ll just make you a cup of tea Stevio, I’ll just get the milk
EBE698B4-BB89-4A1A-82B6-A3F304C48EF1.jpeg

This maybe my issue too in my foot am still to go doctors, with all this cov I didn’t want to go bother them

This maybe my issue too in my foot am still to go doctors, with all this cov I didn’t want to go bother them
Nobody goes to the doc with covid, what would they prescribe?
You don't even need a sick note.

Familiar with this, also sometimes get the reverse of shin pain from standing on a ladder step for too long.
a) Boots not shoes, to stabilise the ankle and reduce rotation.
b) Get schol or similar sole inserts to soften the impact - the ones with the red gel pad tend to up the boot size by 1/2 a size, I find em a bit hard, or buy the softer impact foam sort and change them often. Cheap and only takes a couple of minutes with a pair of scissors to cut to size.
If you're feet have gone really flat (mine always were) then runners insole foam supports can solve it/help.
c) De walt are good but hiking socks have extra padding in the right places, and are usually cheaper.
d) You're getting older and stiffer and need to do some achilles and calf stretching - which is the reverse of what the boots do.
Most site safety boots have a 3/4 sole shank stiffener which saves the bottom of the feet on the ladders, But means for low skirting level bits I need to go down on one knee, some guys seem to have no trouble.

There is also a medical suggestion that its related to old age, and putting on too much weight - pfft! Rubbish, cannae believe it!

Book doctors appointment and then you will get referred to Podiatry and Foot department.

I have high foot arches but people also with low arches (flat feet) get troubles as wel.

I have heal spurs now from the tendons pulling at bone point and my feet/heals hurt. The answer is shoe inserts to support the foot arch. You also need good footwear to support your feet. Lightweight soft trainers ect are no good.

I use full length medium density slimflex inserts with a u shape felt added at heal to take weight away from heel spur..

Something like these but many brands and types available. I started with low density but moved to medium.

Voltarol also applied helps so get some...

Inserts like these

Also need felt for heal and angled wedges that fit under insert to level the foot. Only Podiatry can assess and make these but when your get that sorted you can buy and make your own inserts up. I do. Problem is that most (me) leave too long to get sorted and more damage is done.

Cheers Wayners. Will look into the getting some inserts. I’ve got a high foot arch so that’s probably the cause. That and not wearing stiff soled shoes for years.

@Casper

Don't go full day with inserts. Break them in for a few hours at first. Was an ache at the start but now I can't walk without them in. Takes time to get better and with me it was months. Still get days where I can't walk too well. Most days its OK though. Knocked about 70% of the pain away

Cheers Wayners. Will look into the getting some inserts. I’ve got a high foot arch so that’s probably the cause. That and not wearing stiff soled shoes for years.
Serves you right for going in to work in old Adidas trainers like a pikey.

Always wore cheap pumps , only get a problem from wearing steel cap boots
Just lucky jeans I guess

Iv had this myself.I went to an excellent Physiotherapist who broke up the calcium around the Plantar which causes the pain.3 visits is all it took

Bought some mold stuff from craft shop once
Made little wooden tray, put my foot in the tray, put mould stuff in, let set. Took out foot then filled with out of date multi and had a Plaster replica of my foot.
Put talk on it then built up layers of no nonsense silicone and made my own custom arch supports.

An another good thing is vibram fivefingers Shoes
Trust me - although it defies logic and they have a pain threshold to break through plus you’ll look like a terwatt

Bought some mold stuff from craft shop once
Made little wooden tray, put my foot in the tray, put mould stuff in, let set. Took out foot then filled with out of date multi and had a Plaster replica of my foot.
Put talk on it then built up layers of no nonsense silicone and made my own custom arch supports.

An another good thing is vibram fivefingers Shoes
Trust me - although it defies logic and they have a pain threshold to break through plus you’ll look like a terwatt
What you want a mouldy foot for?

I’d suggest a balanced diet with sufficient protein to aid recovery. Supplement with calcium zinc magnesium and omega-3 &6. Reduce your intake of inflammatory foods such as bread, pasta and beer. Regular mobility exercises to increase blood flow and tendon elasticity.i doubt many are doing any of these and then moan that plastering is hard graft

He done it by manipulating the affected Plantar with his thumbs and yes it was sore but nothing compared to the pain of trying to walk prior to Physio. Iceing and stretching regularly should also help.