Planning permission

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Anyone know if planning needed for a porch . Builder says he thinks if its under a meter its not needed

Anyone know if planning needed for a porch . Builder says he thinks if its under a meter its not needed
Go onto the .gov website there's quite detailed information about what does and doesn't need planning.
From memory it's not all about the size of the extension.

Go onto the .gov website there's quite detailed information about what does and doesn't need planning.
From memory it's not all about the size of the extension.
I worked for building control when I built GYM/shed. Told me I didn' need if it was
Five mtrs from house made from brick/blocks and under 2.4 . It' just over but can make it just under with a few ton of top soil lol

Attachments

• 1520670320766957546236.jpg
    1520670320766957546236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 370
It all depends on local planning so give them a ring. There're usually quite helpful in a "the rule book says" kind of way. The issue with porches tends to be the building line, as in if you stick one on the front of your house you can be going out past it. There are a lot of things that'll affect that though, house on a corner or curve, houses further along with approved porches, houses that had prches from new, caveats in the deeds etc etc.

If it’s under 1200 out and 2400 wide it ok. But double check, all councils are c**ts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk