Planning approved!!!

Well for my 75m2 storage building (not a garage) garage. few conditons but its approved...

So thats another building project I need to start planning through....

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-07 at 08.54.08 (1).jpeg

I wanted 5 garage doors on it but that was not approved last time but this time they said 1 garage door and i can store 2 cars in it.. but I cant use power tools in there...

spoke to planner who passed it and she said if you cant hear power tools being used then how will we know they are being used???? so basically dont be a knob!

the other condition was to put up 2 bird boxes.... and then we have

Sometimes you can’t get your head around planning
Iv just got mine accepted for a garage at home, they wanted an apex roof as the garage next door has 1, but wouldn’t accept render finish even though that one is
Anyway I stuck to my original plans and it was accepted

Sometimes you can’t get your head around planning
Iv just got mine accepted for a garage at home, they wanted an apex roof as the garage next door has 1, but wouldn’t accept render finish even though that one is
Anyway I stuck to my original plans and it was accepted

tell me about it.

there is already 3 garages in my yard but because the garden area this is in is fenced off they thought having 8 garages would be too much!!

I pointed out that if I removed 4 of the 5 garage doors then it would be a massive white blotch on the land scape... so i changed the design to be timber clad...

once it is built 5 years later I will get teh conditions removed... but I dont think they will cause any problems :D

just got to build the damn thing now

tell me about it.

there is already 3 garages in my yard but because the garden area this is in is fenced off they thought having 8 garages would be too much!!

I pointed out that if I removed 4 of the 5 garage doors then it would be a massive white blotch on the land scape... so i changed the design to be timber clad...

once it is built 5 years later I will get teh conditions removed... but I dont think they will cause any problems :D

just got to build the damn thing now
Once planning is accepted as far as they are concerned it’s built, so do whatever you like as long as nobody puts a complaint in your sorted

Well for my 75m2 storage building (not a garage) garage. few conditons but its approved...

So thats another building project I need to start planning through....

View attachment 72674

I wanted 5 garage doors on it but that was not approved last time but this time they said 1 garage door and i can store 2 cars in it.. but I cant use power tools in there...
Just use noise cancelling headphones !
spoke to planner who passed it and she said if you cant hear power tools being used then how will we know they are being used???? so basically dont be a knob!

the other condition was to put up 2 bird boxes.... and then we have

I figured I will keep this post updated with progress... there has not been any!!

Well other than instructing building control and they are moaning about the trees and so the structural engineer is working out the slap I need....

I have decided to use a steel structure so I can keep the whole building open plan...

I will start digging out this slap in the next few weeks :D

I figured I will keep this post updated with progress... there has not been any!!

Well other than instructing building control and they are moaning about the trees and so the structural engineer is working out the slap I need....

I have decided to use a steel structure so I can keep the whole building open plan...

I will start digging out this slap in the next few weeks :D
I would guess he'll suggest that you need a really hard slap mate.
Ask him if he has an option as to what slab would be best.

I would guess he'll suggest that you need a really hard slap mate.
Ask him if he has an option as to what slab would be best.

Most people want to slap me within in 10 minutes so I would not be surprised...

He has said either we do a 350mm thick reinforced slab or we d a thinner one with a toe on it...

I have been looking at how agriculture buildings are built and they use pad foundations then infill the bit thats not taking any weight...

He is the one with the qualifications not me so I will just go blindly and do as he recommends

I've seen a couple of Murray's steel sheds put up on a slab in less than a month. They come as big meccano set with PIR composite panels on the roof and walls so pretty well insulated and different configurations, roller shutter doors, timber clad etc.. Not sure if you've considered them but worth a look at.

I've seen a couple of Murray's steel sheds put up on a slab in less than a month. They come as big meccano set with PIR composite panels on the roof and walls so pretty well insulated and different configurations, roller shutter doors, timber clad etc.. Not sure if you've considered them but worth a look at.
Yes I have had a quote from them but the problem we have is that the exterior needs to timber clad and all the steel buildings are corrugated steel which would be a headache with planning

Started digging the slap yesterday... think I have found an old bomb shelter... got a bit more digging to find exactly what it is but it likes like a proper headache...

A huge hole appear under a a concrete slab and I could hear the soil hitting water a long way down. I dont think it can be a well because we are very close to the sea...

If it is a bunker I may be able to incorporate it in the build and make it a useful feature...

but I am sure the structural engineer will have kittens

Started digging the slap yesterday... think I have found an old bomb shelter... got a bit more digging to find exactly what it is but it likes like a proper headache...

A huge hole appear under a a concrete slab and I could hear the soil hitting water a long way down. I dont think it can be a well because we are very close to the sea...

If it is a bunker I may be able to incorporate it in the build and make it a useful feature...

but I am sure the structural engineer will have kittens
any old mines in the area

I thought he meant land mines....lol :D :D :D

I dont think there are any quarry type mines 300 meters from the beach :D
Plenty of mines go out under the seabed mate. I know that's not common in the civilised world where we live, but we have to be inclusive of our impoverished northern members.

structural engineer has said to empty the tank and fill with hardcore till 500mm from top then fill with a wet concrete....
oh and I have to use a graded hardcore... ... ££££'

Did more digging today... I have 5 weeks of evenings and weekends to get the ground prepped!!