pitted polished plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Ive been making alot of samples of the pitted finish. I cant seem to get the look that i want. Ive seen some of armourcoats pitted in my local shopping centre and looks great. Does anyone know how they do it? or how to get a smooth pitted finish which is fairly uniform. if you see there site you will know what im trying to acheive.

any in put would be great

pitted finish

There are a few ways to achieve a pitted finish
Another technique you could try.

Apply a thick first layer of medium grain lime plaster,
finish with a mildly wet sponge float and allow to dry.
The float can be moved in circular motions or dragged straight for a different effect.
Once dry apply a second patchy layer of material, leaving areas of base coat showing through.
Use the wet sponge again to blend the areas in.
Dab the sponge float against the wet material to form indentations.
You can add a second patchy layer and repeat for a different look.

Using a wet sponge you can create a good area of rough finish keeping it all soft with the water.
A stippling brush or texturing brush works well too.
When the product has begun to dry compress the wall with an inox or pvc trowel to flatten down high spots and trowel lightly.
Its a similar technique to the old brushed leather look
Timing is important to keep the finish looking even, as lime is air drying this could be a while in the current climate

i just spred it on thickish about 2mm then roller over it with a smoth roller to get a bark effect like artex... leave for a while to let it stiffen up... then give it a light trowel over to flatten the peaks down... the more you trowel it the flatter the peaks get... and the less pitted it becomes... works for me

hi mate i never took any picture of the jobs i did in the past... i wish i did now... but the last job i did with that finish was in some place in manchester city center i made the contractor prep the wall before i got there spent 1 jour getting the stuff on site... took me and a labourer about 2 hours to do... (waiting for the stuff to take up before i could flatten it out... then i gave the contractor some wax and said polish it your self... mad a few quid on the way home from a london job

Status
Not open for further replies.