pipes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
any1 else get jobs like this....... a right pain in the arse.
DSC00779.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

also have a look at my dust sheets,,,, gona have fun cleaning them

i was thinking about building a false wall, but the wall at the back has a radiator,, so i just skimmed it

hes had to sell his laptop to cover the costs of having all those trowhawks made and having them sit in his garage!

i have just looked at a trohawk, and they look crap.
why not just use a spot board and a hawk, i would imagin having difficulty when doing the tops of walls when sweeping down getting it off that thing, waste time on ceilings too jumpin of the hop up to get 1 trowel full of stuff when u get 3 trowel fulls on a hawk, and what must it do to your back bending down every 10 seconds to get gear.

hey hey I'm making up for it now flyn there are being cleaned as we type.i keep me van very clean and all my makita kit ect but just dint realize that i needed to do more than wash off the trowel..
that's wot happens when you work on your own for years!

im sure it doesnt matter how dirty your trowel is aslong as the edges are in good nick, i just prefer to have a clean trowel.

Why on earth didnt they re root the pipes before plastering??? or maybe years ago ????
Was that in a domestic house??? ffs .....crazy
tell her ill re-route them pipes at skirting level for £120

or u can baton out the wall.covering the pipes and sky's plastering...and do it properly ;D ;D ;D

You tell me ...who in there right mind would have pipes like that on a wall ??????
F u ck i n idiots.
Not the spreads fault he just doing his job.
Personally i can do plumbing so id move them pipes or stud out and move alter raditor and alter light switch.

Even if I was to stud that out I would move the pipes.

Why the hell a plumber would stick them there is beyond me, just bloody lazy.

If they were hidden you just know the next owner would stick a dado rail up with some nice long screws and get a bit of a suprise!!

skimmin2day said:
Why on earth didnt they re root the pipes before plastering??? or maybe years ago ????
Was that in a domestic house??? ffs .....crazy
tell her ill re-route them pipes at skirting level for £120

its an insurance job... so its a reskim and re-decorate,, i aint getting paid to move pipes, also dont know how to..

skimmin2day said:
You tell me ...who in there right mind would have pipes like that on a wall ??????
F u ck i n idiots.
Personally i can do plumbing so id move them pipes or stud out and move alter raditor and alter light switch.
did this used to be a utility room or even a small kitchen with worktop and units? would explain the position/height

moving em means youre still gonna have a drop to floor at either corner.. unless you do it t'other side of t'wall..

easiest way i find with silly pipes is to tw@t the clips off with a bolster (behind the pipe) then they swing and pull a bit so you dont have to fanny about with the pipe trowel.. then fit a couple of new clips..

are there some units going back there?

Chris W said:
skimmin2day said:
F u ck i n idiots.
did this used to be a utility room or even a small kitchen with worktop and units? would explain the position/height

moving em means youre still gonna have a drop to floor at either corner.. unless you do it t'other side of t'wall..

easiest way i find with silly pipes is to tw@t the clips off with a bolster (behind the pipe) then they swing and pull a bit so you dont have to fanny about with the pipe trowel.. then fit a couple of new clips..

are there some units going back there?

i did this one befor, when i went to re fit i took half the wall out! HAD 2 OME BACK AND FILL UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.