Pipes, cables and satellite dishes

Members online

ankers

What does everyone do when pricing rendering jobs in regards to soil pipes, lights, thick cables or satellite dishes. Do you tell the customer it's up to them to sort all the obstacles or do you so it yourself? I've got a sky dish to render round but customer wants access to the bracket and its having ewi.
Thanks

What does everyone do when pricing rendering jobs in regards to soil pipes, lights, thick cables or satellite dishes. Do you tell the customer it's up to them to sort all the obstacles or do you so it yourself? I've got a sky dish to render round but customer wants access to the bracket and its having ewi.
Thanks
I always tell the customer they need to line up the relevant contractors, sky, electricians, builders etc to replace fittings and fixtures,
I would definitely make them remove satellite dish brackets and have reinstated,
I rendered a shop with a large national lottery satellite dish that apparently couldn't be moved rendered around it finish the job scaffolders came and ripped it off when removing the scaffolding and f***** a massive gable wall up,

i charge them and get sparks and satalite man to temp clamp dish to scaff then replace when done.

stacks i can usually extend myself. but if too busy i get plumbers in.

usually get scaff up.
then following day get sparks, dish, gas man in same day while i wait for ewi delivery..

I take them off and refit but in my small print I state it is expected that all outside fittings (electrical, satellite dishes, ornamental etc) should be removed prior to work commencing but we will remove as long as the client accepts responsibility for loss or damage.

With ewi I list what needs extending by ‘other’ trades (electrician , plumber etc) prior to work commencing.

Include everything under my price, as principal contractor it's under you remit.
Add a percentage onto each trade, that's contracting for profit, and how you make profit off projects rather than just a wage. It's also a daft carry on for them to start fannying around getting in touch with other trades and the like, I find it easier to sort myself in any case.

Include everything under my price, as principal contractor it's under you remit.
Add a percentage onto each trade, that's contracting for profit, and how you make profit off projects rather than just a wage. It's also a daft carry on for them to start fannying around getting in touch with other trades and the like, I find it easier to sort myself in any case.

youd find yourself answering calls and texts from.client the other trades has asked questions on.

how far need extending. where does this need to go.

when does this need to be done by.. bla bla bla..

easier to doit how you want it

Quite a few jobs we've removed dish as not required
Find Lots of old telephone wires that are obsolete fixed to their old render ......

F*** dicking about with satellite dishes and cables it's an electrician's or aerial guy's job never had an issue never affected prices,
On to the next one earning money doing what you know best.

That’s the point though isn’t it, you make more money knowing what your doing by managing a project.