Pinning mesh

Members online

rt88

In the next few weeks I've got a job where it will be the first time I'm using a spec which recommends pinning render mesh to the existing render. Mostly all the jobs I've done up until now have been striped right back to the brick. Using my common sense I would reckon it should be pinned while the base coat is still wet but an older plasterer who is going to be on the job reckons it will be fine next day. My problem with that is it could possibly cause the new render to come loose with vibration. Just looking for any other opinions on this.

In the next few weeks I've got a job where it will be the first time I'm using a spec which recommends pinning render mesh to the existing render. Mostly all the jobs I've done up until now have been striped right back to the brick. Using my common sense I would reckon it should be pinned while the base coat is still wet but an older plasterer who is going to be on the job reckons it will be fine next day. My problem with that is it could possibly cause the new render to come loose with vibration. Just looking for any other opinions on this.
Bed in base coat , pin it after you've scratched

Tight pass of adhesive, mesh, another tight pass of adhesive, key it let it cure pin it away you go with whatever.

i pin as i go. sometimes cut small patch of mesh to bed over the pin then slurry coat if thincoat or slurry and scratch if a scratch render
Patch over the pin sounds like a good idea, will just be a normal scratch with the scratchcomb to take a dry dash finish. Still loads of that gets done up here in scotland and is mostly all the external work I get.

i always pin when wet so that the pin enters the base coat and not sit on the top of the base coat.
most systems have a different pattern to pin. some want a pin every half metre, others want a pin around the perimeter.

vibration when set don't do fuckall if it did then the adhesive you're using is w***and not fit for purpose, f**k spraying spatting messing and pinning all-in-one process such a G** method
That was the guy giving me a hands exact arguement, suppose there's always going to be different views on things and that's why I always like different opinions rather than just assume I'm always right